-5-

Several weeks have passed since that anonymous message online. The majority of fans ignored it, but there was still the few that liked to speculate. You've not seen the boys much recently since they've been filming for a show, but you always got the most random texts in the group chat.

Minho: You should have seen it y/n, Changbin kept forgetting his line XD

Changbin: HE'S LYING

Seungmin: Minho hyung, you're the one you mentioned the wrong show in the script.

Minho: Y/nnnn they're bullying me!!

Y/N: Everyone, leave poor Minho alone 

Jisung: Why are you standing up for him huh?!

So other than the few text exchanges, your days have been the usual routine. You actually were going to see them tonight, so that was something to look forward to. You were scrolling through your phone to fill in the final minutes before leaving, but something caught your eye on the trending page. #straykidsdating. The hashtag was full of confused fans and a photo attached to the posts. It was a blurry photo from that night with Changbin. You couldn't see any of your faces, but fans were convinced it was Changbin. You read some comments.

'That can't be Changbin' 

'Maybe the original poster was right. But why not release the photo earlier?'

'I knew something was going on'

'Someone is quicker than dispatch XD'

'Noooo not my Changbin TT'

'Guys calm dows we don't know for sure who it is'

'I'm so happy for him!'

'I hate them already, Changbin you could do better'

It's overwhelming, to say the least. What do I do now? I can't walk out there. Your eyes start filling with tears of worry. You go to your group chat with a screenshot.

Y/N: Guys we need to stop.

Changbin: The photo isn't clear don't worry, I'm sure the company can release a statement.

Chan: Actually I think this is the time to worry, they could have more photos. 

Jeongin: Not to alarm anyone but Changbin just left the dorm in a hurry.

After that the chat filled with messages telling him to come back. You felt almost numb, scared even. Will this be the end?

After five minutes passed of you pacing your room, you jumped to the sound of a loud banging at your door. "Y/n open up!" Changbin shouts from the other side. You open the door and he hugs you without warning, the door closing behind you. The hug was tight in an attempt to comfort, but it just brought out tears. "It's over Changbin, isn't it?" you cry, voice muffled into his chest. He only exhales deeply in response. "It's not, it cant be," he says as if all the confidence from earlier had drained out of him. You can tell he's lost for words. Why would someone do this? If they had evidence they could have released it weeks ago. 

You stay like that for a while, then you calmed down and sat on your bed next to each other, eyes still red, his arm around your shoulder as you lean onto him. "I don't want to leave you guys but-" Changbin listened closely as you struggle to finish your sentence. "We can't be friends. If anything happens to Straykids I would never be able to forgive myself,"  the last of your sentence going to a whisper. You can see him wanting to say something at first but decides against it. 

"Y/n, the company will release a statement denying allegations. Besides its true, you're not dating anyone". You both sit in silence, eventually, he shuffles next to you and places his hands on your cheeks so you're staring at each other. "You will be okay, we will be okay. I won't let anything happen to you or us" he assures. You respond with a small smile, wiping away the remaining tears. 

As you think he's about to move away from you, he keeps hold of you, looking nervous all of a sudden. "Y/n, I shouldn't love you-" Your eyes widen in shock.

"..but I do"