-2-

That time came around swiftly again, getting ready to spend your night with the boys. The mornings and daytime are usually the same, shopping for anything you need, tidying, having calls with family to assure them your happy living away and doing some work. You took your normal route to the dorms, in contrast to the night before is very relaxing. The new surroundings of tall buildings and busy city life felt exciting during the day. 

At arrival, you're greeted by none other than Lee Minho. "Pfft, you again?" he jokingly nagged before breaking out of this sarcastic character and welcoming you in. You went straight to the living room where you could hear everyone sat. No surprise at all, they're playing video games to relax. "Y/N IS HERE!" Hyunjin announced to the room in excitement. You all greeted each other, although not getting eye contact from Felix and Jeongin as they were in a competitive racing game. "Come watch me win y/n," Felix says as he was so into the game that he was moving his body left to right to mirror the screen's movement. You sat between Jisung and Chan to get a better view of the screen, smiling as you caught eye contact with Changbin and whispered a 'hello'. 

You were all there for hours, members taking turns to play. Felix was the champion, closely followed by Jeongin and Chan. "What do we do now?" Seungmin sighs looking at his phone. Everyone around you started to make plans, some wanting to go out to eat, others wanting a walk somewhere. "So that leaves you two" Chan nodded towards you and Changbin, "You coming or staying?". You quickly answer "Well actually I should be heading ba-". "I'll walk y/n home and come back to the dorm" Changbin replies. So that was your plan sorted. 

You and Changbin walked side by side as the sun was setting. You talked about how some of the members were no match for Felix, and that one day he plans to beat him. "Thank you Changbin, you didn't need to walk with me" you playfully bumped his shoulder with yours. "I just feel bad when you have to walk home in the dark. Besides why walk home this early, are you tired of us?" he teased. You hated to admit it, but you felt comfortable telling him. You admitted how you lied and that you did have worries about walking home alone but felt that having someone walk you would be a burden. He understands, plus there's the chance that a fan would spot you together, nevertheless, he feels happy now he has an excuse to walk with you. It's darker now and you're close to your apartment. He swiftly links his arm with yours, "You're safe with me, I'll protect you from everything bad" he'd say in a joking voice, but you knew he was telling the truth underneath the humour. As you approached your door you unlinked your arms, "Thanks again, you sure you don't want me to walk you to the dorms?" you'd joke matching his tone from earlier which he laughed at. You exchange your goodnight and wave him off. 

//later//

Y/n: You made it back okay?

Changbin: Yes. Are you worried about me or something?  

Y/n: Just making sure. Anyway, thank you for walking with me. I genuinely felt much safer today.

Changbin: I or any of us would do that okay? Don't feel bad for asking, I'd be more than happy. I had no idea it was worrying you. 

Y/n: I'm sure I'll be more confident with time. 

Changbin: In the meantime, I'll try my best to help. As long as I'm not working.

Y/n: Speaking of work, you have an early morning. 

Changbin: Just so you know we've been told that the next few days are pretty busy. So we'll talk to you when we can. Goodnight :)