vii. fluffy

vii. fluffy

"YOU'RE SO CUTE!" Melody exclaimed, staring at the large dog with shiny eyes. "I've never seen such a unique magical creature! I've seen bowtruckles and all the basic other creatures, and they're definitely amazing, but I finally see a super rare species!"

She ran up to the three-headed dog, who had gone still with confusion. It whined, it's three heads tilting at her, as if saying, "Why aren't you scared of me? I'm scary! You should be scared!"

"Wahh what an amazing specimen!" Melody squealed. "I never got the chance to see too many magical creatures, but I have hundreds of books about them! I've seen you before, in 'Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them' by Newt Scamander! He's the most incredible magizoologist, like, ever!"

She began to examine the three-headed dog, and tok out her notebook, marking a new section. "You're so amazing," Melody said with a large smile. "Such a natural aura of fear! Just like what I red, you have bright eyes, dark fur, and three heads... ooh I've always wondered, who was your ancestor? Perhaps Cerberus? Or are you a type of a hybrid? It's so interesting..."

The dog, who had sensed she was not afraid of him, sniffed her curiously, then laid down at her feet, looking pleased. Melody internally screamed. He liked her!

"I wish I could talk to you," Melody sighed. Then, she sat up straight. "Wait... I can!"

She dramatically raised her wand. "Animalis lingua!" she shouted, beaming as silver light shot towards her and the three-headed dog. Melody cleared her throat.

"Hello!" Melody beamed. "My name is Melody Black! It's an honor to meet a brilliant specimen like you!"

"Whoaaa I can understand you, human!" the dog yapped happily. "You're like the nice fuzzy giana! You both have a nice, pleasing scent! I like you!"

"Fuzzy giant?" Melody asked. "Who's that?"

"My friend!" the dog's tail began to wag furiously. "His name is Hagrid! He's very fuzzy! Like me! Do you also wanna be my friend? It's boring down here, and Hagrid doesn't visit me too often! The white fuzzy human named Dumb as a door says that I should play with any people that enter this place by growling! He says that if the person runs away then I win! He says I lose if they get into the little door in the back of the room, because then they're safe. But since you're my friend, I'll let you win! Fuzzy man talks to me a lot and fed me, but he can't understand me! It's so great having someone to know what I'm saying! Ooh, I like red rubber balls! What about you? What toys do you like?"

Melody smiled kindly. "I also like red rubber balls," she said soothingly, patting the excited dog's three heads. "I will bring some for us to play with together tomorrow!"

"You're coming back?" The dog looked hopeful, his 6 ears peeking up. "Really? Promise?"

"Yes, I promise!" Melody said, stroking the dog, who yapped excitedly. "What's your name?"

"I'm Fluffy!"

"Yes, you are," Melody agreed. "But what's your name?"

"That's my name! That's what Hagrid calls me!" Fluffy beamed. "And you are Melly, my new friend who will bring me red rubber balls!"

"Aah!" Melody's heart melted. "I promise I'll visit you every day if I can!"

"Really? Really?" Fluffy whined happily. "Do you know Hagrid? You should also be friends! Then we can all be friends and play together!"

"Okay," Melody agreed. "I will try to be friends with him, too, Fluffy."

"Yay!" Fluffy cheered, his second head's tongue hanging out of his mouth.