iv. indira nott

iv. indira nott

"WHAT THE HELL?"

As Melody opened her eyes and was attempting to rise from her bed to get ready for breakfast in the Great Hall, she discovered herself frozen stiff, unable to move an inch. She groaned. A house member her must have cursed her while she was asleep. Melody knew it most likely wouldn't be one of her dorm mates, since they hadn't learned any spells, much less curses or jinxes yet. One of her dorm mates must have let an older student in to perform the full Body-Bind curse upon her. 

Great. How fantabulous.

Annoyance seeping through her features, she glared at her clock. 8:48 am. Breakfast would end and classes would begin in precisely 12 minutes, and she couldn't move at all. Gritting her teeth, her eyes frantically searched for her wand, and she found it lying on top of the nightstand.

"Accio wand," she ordered, wincing when it didn't move. She hadn't quite mastered the art of wandless magic. "Accio! Accio, accio, accio—ugh is this Pansy's wand? Merlin's beard, is she really so stupid as to forget her wand on the first day in a magical school? Well, I supposed this'll have to do,"  Melody muttered as Pansy's wand zoomed into her hand. "Finite Incatetem," Melody murmured. She felt her limbs loosen, and she sagged into her pillow, releasing a breath. 

She glanced towards the wand still in her hands, and with a decisive nod, she slid open her trunk and tossed the wand inside. "That ought to teach her a lesson," Melody sighed as she snatched her wand of the bedside table. She pulled on her robes, straightening the bright green and silver tie, and used her metamormagus abilities to effortlessly sleek and curl her teal colored hair, getting rid of the dark, round shadows from under her eyes. Her clock beeped, signaling that it had just turned 8:56. "Just in time."

After pulling on her lace-up black combat boots, she raced to the Great Hall, sliding hastily into an empty spot just as the greasy-haired Head of Slytherin, Professor Snape came walking down the hall, tossing schedules at students. Melody made a face as hers hit her face (nearly giving her a paper cut in the process) and managed a weak smile at Snape, who merely gave her a cold look, then with a dramatic sweep of his dark robes, glided away. Weird.

As Melody swiftly downed a cup of pumpkin juice (which really did taste peculiar) she caught sight of Pansy, and nearly spit out her juice at the fuming girl's expression.

"Whoa," the girl beside Melody said to her. "I heard that they kept an older student do the full body-bind curse on you! Did it not work or something?"

Melody glanced at her. "Um... I—"

The girl suddenly held up a finger, her ice blue eyes shining. "Let me guess! You somehow undid the curse with your wand!" Melody blinked. "Well— wait, that's actually exactly right!" she blurted.

The girl beamed. "I'm Indira Nott, but you can call me Indi," she introduced herself, holding out a hand. Her long, feathered black hair fell partly loose from a messily elegant bun on the top of her head. "And that's Theo. He's very shy, so don't talk to him."

Her twin, who had similar features, with dark brunette curls and ice blue eyes, scoffed. "I am not shy," he sniffed, rolling his eyes. "Shut up, Indi."

"He's cute," Daphne whispered to Melody, eyes lingering on Theo. "Theodore Nott, that is. Isn't he?"

"Uh... sure," Melody said. 

"And you're Melody Socering," Indi said, her eyes lighting with recognition. "You're practically famous! The first muggleborn to ever be in Slytherin. Although, all my dorm mates have been quite rude about it... and they're also quite rude to me. I really don't understand their snottiness, we practically have known each other since we were in diapers. Well, I suppose the only nice one is her, but she really doesn't talk very much," she pointed to Ivory Malfoy, who sat quietly staring at her lap while her brother seemed to be blasting a bout something whilst throwing dirty looks towards the Gryffindor table.