9. Just Friends

LASER QUEST.

George looked up at the bolded words on the neon red sign, slightly anxious for what was to come next. He has never played laser tag before, whereas the other boys were dramatically bragging about their skills the whole way there.

"Guys not to be cocky or anything but I'm kinda gonna kick all your asses" Quackity said with a smug grin on his face, meaning every word he let out.

"Language! And also I know I'm going to win because I pet Rat for good luck on the way out the door" Bad argued with the other.

"No offence Bad, but the only thing your trash dog might give you is fleas" Sapnap said in the bitchiest tone he could muster, sending Karl and George into a fit of giggles.

The building on the outside wasn't much, simply just cracked brown brick and concrete, but the inside was insanely cool to the boys. Neon lights lit up the entirety of the lobby area, walls and ceilings painted with all differing colours and patterns. A ton of vintage looking arcade games could be seen across the space , with a food and drink stand as well. EDM music blared loudly throughout the large area, so much so that Dream practically had to shout at the man running the front desk.

"Can we get the 10 roun-"

"Sorry man you're gonna have to speak up" The desk man smiled pitifully at Dream. He was handsome, with tattoos littered along his arms and a black hoop pierced through his lip.

"Haha, sorry" Dream replied sheepishly yet much louder this time, "Can we get the 5 round deal- with arcade games after?"

"Of course" The desk man smiled brightly at Dream with a glimmer in his eyes. George tried to ignore the boiling sensation in his stomach. Surely this employee was just being nice and doing his job. George squinted to read his name tag, it read "Henry". Of course he had George's middle name.

Dream continued to talk to the man as he led them to a darkly lit room, LED lights running along the trim on the sides. The boys were instructed to put on their vests and grab their guns, and then Henry began talking to them about the rules. George tuned the stranger out, he didn't want to hear any more from him. After he left, the clock started to countdown one minute until they could go into the field. Dream looked over at George, noticing the boy had not been paying attention the entire time.

"You weren't listening to the instructions, were you?" Dream playfully accused George.

"Not really to be honest" George unintentionally let out a sigh, "but it's okay I'll just aim and shoot".

"Just stick with me Georgie" Dream flashed his pearly whites down at him, and George couldn't help but stare a moment too long.

The loud blaring of a BEEP brought him out of his trance, and the boys all ran into the field. Sapnap immediately chased after Karl, screaming at him and saying he's gonna take him down. Bad took the strategic route, aiming for high ground so he could overlook the layout of the field. Then there was Quackity, who hid in a corner with his gun pointed, ready to shoot anyone who passes by. George followed closely behind Dream, trying not to step on the younger's heels. Though black lights were practically everywhere, it was still quite dark and somewhat hard to navigate.

That didn't last long though, as George's clumsiness caused him to slide his shoe down the back of Dream's heel, face planting into his back. George's head began to ache where he hit him, and he winces as he brings his hand up to rub it. For a boy who plays video games all day his back was quite muscular.

"Ow, watch where you're going" Dream whispered to him. Though the sentence would've been harsh coming from anyone else, Dream still managed to make it sound soft and delicate just for the British boy.