|1| - Help

**BOOK THREE OF THE A14 SERIES!! Go read the first and second books if you haven't already! Little note from the crank of an author, this book only slightly follows the plot of TMR before it heads off into another direction. Its, not a major change, it just doesn't follow the books after a certain point. Thank you for reading, and enjoy the story!**

/THE SCORCH\

[NEWT POV]

Life in the maze was over. Chuck was gone. Emmy was my daughter and Thomas her uncle. YN was alive, and supposedly in the place where we were going. 

I hoped, wished, that she really was alive. And that the moment we get to where ever we're bloody going, that she would be waiting there. Waiting for us to arrive. 

I glance down at Emmy who was fast asleep in my lap, her hands tightly holding on to my shirt. My arms were around her, my left one was numb wince she was laying on it, but I didn't move. She needed to sleep, especially after everything.

\THE LAST CITY/

{YOUR POV}

There was a bag over my head, everything was dark. I didn't have my gun, knife, or my sight. I barely remember what had happened. Maybe we were ambushed? Where are we anyway?

"Hello? Luce? Pete?"

"You're awake then, finally." I heard Peter say from my right. 

"Can you see YN?" Lucy asked from my left.

I shook my head before replying. "Not a thing, guessing you both can't either."

They both hummed in response and I sighed as I move my hands, noticing the handcuffs on my wrists. My arms were behind my back, and from what I could tell, my legs were tied up as well. I tried to listen to what was around me, but I could barely get past the ringing in my ears. I could barely even hear myself think.

But what I did hear, from a distance, was a whisper. 

"Rose took my nose I suppose."

I blink at the rather creepy sentence before trying to see if I could get my hands out of my cuffs. I failed because I never learned how to pick a lock, and I had nothing to pick it with either. 

"Rose took my nose I suppose." Was said again, this time closer than before.

I couldn't tell if it was outside this room, or if this was a really big room. Maybe there was a vent that I was hearing it through, maybe that's why it sounds creepy.

"Why did Rose take my nose?" 

My breath stopped in my throat as I heard the question being asked, and the feeling of eyes on me burning my skin.

"I don't know anyone named Rose, and I don't know why someone would take someone else's nose," I answer before I could stop myself. 

The 'no nose' person, grunted in response, before walking around us. There was a slight limp in his step, and from his voice, he was rather old. The sound of something being picked up entered my ears as it scraped against a metal plate. I flinch slightly as the sound of scissors snipping away at something followed it.

"Why are the young noses here?" 

Peter cleared his throat, "We were coming here to find someone. Someone by the name of Ryan Edwards. He was a friend of mine."

The 'no nose' hummed, "Edwards is dead, his good nose found my stash of goods, and I buried him six feet under Rose."

My eyes widened, and I could hear Lucy whimper slightly.