|16| - Like sands in an hourglass

:LUCY POV:

I stared at the last place I had seen her, the doors now shut. I felt frozen in place, shocked at what had happened. My heart was heavy as I felt the steady stream of tears beginning to grow violently stronger. 

"She had the flare, she would have died since we have no cure."

I turn to face Ava, my glare directed purely at her. I stomp at her, leaning over her. I held a knife in front of her throat, something I barely remember pulling out.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I hissed.

Her eyes were wide, and turning glassy with fear-filled tears. She swallowed thickly, her eyes darting down at the knife before looking back at me.

"She didn't tell you?"

I pressed the tip a little harder, breaking a small amount of skin. 

"Lucy. Enough, calm down." 

I glare at John before I see movement behind him. I met Benny's eyes, they were filled with fear too. I sighed softly, my energy fading rapidly, descending into sadness. I walked back to my seat, sitting down as the knife clattered to the seat beside me. 

"What do you mean she had the flare?" Gally asked, breaking the silence.

Ava cleared her throat, rubbing it with her hand and whipping away the blood. "When YN first came to visit me, threaten me for the plans. She showed me her arm, the first stages of the Flare are the black veins. She's had almost reached up to her elbow last time."

I cuss softly under my breath as I realize she hadn't told me. She hadn't told me that she had the flare. But my mind paused in mid-thought. 

What about her family? 

She never got to see her family.

/THE RIGHT ARM\

[NEWT POV]

We had finally made it to the right arm. And as far as I could see, no YN. 

I held onto Emmy's hand as we walked through the camp, Thomas in a tent with Brenda who had clasped from having the flare bite. Emmy was looking around at everything, a small smile on her face as she skipped along by my side.

"Hey!" I turned around at the voice calling out, noticing that it was the blond girl that had found our group.

"You're Newt and Emmy, right?" She asked.

I nodded my head, slightly confused as to how she knew our names. 

She grins widely at me, occasionally glancing at Emmy. "I'm Sonya, your little sister."

I blink in surprise before frowning. "What- how do you-"

"YN, she was in our maze. She got us all out, she remembered everything. I trust her not to lie to me, and she told me that you are my brother. Just like how her brother is Thomas." Sonya explains.

I stare a moment before nodding my head slightly. "Oh, alright. Sorry, I don't have my memories either. But where is she?"

Sonya blinked twice before smiling nervously. "Well, she's out right now. The last we heard of them was two days ago. They said they had a plan to bring down WICKED, and that they would be back soon."

My eyes widened and I hear Emmy gasp slightly. 

"She's coming back here? What about Uncle Pete? Is he coming back?" Emmy asked.

Sonya looked down at Emmy, before kneeling down to her level. She smiled kindly before nodding her head.

"Yeah, YN's coming back. And she's bringing Peter and Lucy with her." Sonya whispered to Emmy while I watched as Emmy let go of my hand.