|12| - Shadows across the Room

{YOUR POV}

I closed my eyes, clenching my fist as I inhale deeply. My heart slowly beating at a normal pace as I begin to calm down from the events of the call.

"Are you alright YN?" Peter asked from beside me, no doubt worried about me.

"I'm alright-" I look at him, his blue-green eyes holding a stony gaze, a look telling me to not lie.

"I am Pete. I-I got to talk to Emmy. She's alright, but WICKEDs after them." I pause, turning back towards the radio where I had heard her voice from just moments ago.  "They were in danger, but-"

"Jorge and Brenda, they'll protect them YN. Trust me, they'll make it to the Right Arm. They'll find a way." Peter stated, and I looked at him again.

My thoughts were in a puddle, slow and sluggish as I try to wrap my head around everything. The flare was kicking in more, making me lose bits and pieces of myself as I try to hold myself together. 

"But are you alright YN? Really alright? When you passed out, I-I I didn't know what to do, I was terrified. I could have lost you because of that fever. You should still be asleep! Your fever-"

"Peter, I'm fine now," I say sternly. "You did what you could, and it helped out a lot. Don't worry about me, alright. I'm okay."

I stand up from the desk, heading towards the door, ignoring Peter's warnings and worries. As I open the door, my eyes gaze over the small crowd of people we had for the revolution. John and Gally were talking over the map, pointing at different things while nodding. 

But no Lucy.

"Where's Lucy?" I blurt out.

A few people paused, Gally and John turned towards me before scanning the room. They frowned before turning towards each other asking when they had seen her last. But I could feel the hot blood boiling in my head, beginning to cloud my thoughts. I almost didn't notice Peter as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"She went out for a walk, remember YN? She should be back soon, but you can contact her still. I think she still has the earpiece in her ear." Peter said before looking at me. 

I slowly nodded my head, my rage dissipating as I breathing in calm and slow breaths. I walk over to the earpiece I had placed on the table, placing it on my ear. I tap the top of it, closing my eyes at the static.

"Lucy? Come in Lucy."

:LUCY POV:

I jumped at the sound of YN speaking in my ear suddenly, causing Sammy to turn towards me in confusion. Our footsteps echoed through the hall in unison as I tap against my ear through the helmet.

"I'm here YN."

I hear her sigh through the radio, and Sammy nods his head, before turning back to face ahead of us.

"Where are you? Peter was able to get in contact with Emmy who is with Jorge and Brenda."

My eyes widen and I smile. "That's great YN."

"Lucy, come back now. We need to discuss something-"

My eyes dart towards Sammy as we turn another corner, I laugh awkwardly to myself as YN spoke.

"About that-" I pause as another guard passes by. "I'm at WICKED."

The radio static-filled my ear as I waited in fear of her reaction. 

"I'm sorry, I think I heard you wrong. I could have sworn you just said you were back at WICKED." She stated calmly, too calmly.

I glance at another guard passing by before stepping beside Sammy.