Sid

I got out of the police station and saw Sid leaning against the wall, his hands folded. He was staring into space for a while and I got to look at his features for sometime. He was a handsome lad, his sharp jawline his muscle buildup, his multicolored eyes glimmering in a blue hue from the side view. His skin was very pale. Maybe he just has a skin problem, I thought to myself.
"Sid?"
Startled, he quickly turned his head towards me.

" Oh hey. How did it go?" He asked me calmly but then his voice lowered as he saw me sweating, still. " Are you alright?"

I slightly gave him a nod and managed to tell him what happened.

"That guy manipulated the whole case and the police closed it with a wrong conclusion. They..they said that my parents died in a crash."

He quietly listened to me and after a while he suggested that we go somewhere else so that I might be comfortable. People were eyeing us weirdly and I didn't get why.
We walked along the road quietly and got to a nearby park. It was secluded. I sat on a bench and he sat at the other end of the bench, focusing on me as I kept fidgeting and fumbling my fingers. I looked up to him and then back to my hands. I took a deep breath and continued.

"That guy, he.. he manipulated the whole case and made the police give a wrong statement. I don't know why he is doing all that. From the time of the incident, I have lived unafraid, ignoring his threats too but now I'm scared even more. I'm now worried about my family. Since he is tracking me, he must've also got info about my parents and my brother, for sure."

"Have you contacted them?"

" Yeah,I did. They are perfectly fine. Nothing has happened."

" That's good then. You managed to get away from them now...but there in no guarantee what will happen in the next moment... What will you do now?"

" I...I don't know. It all happened in the spur of a moment. And all these emotions in me, I don't know how I'm going to face him again."

"Should you request a special police protection?"

I looked at him for a while and replied,

"That way my parents will find out. I don't want them to be involved in this mess. And they would get really worried"

" Well, what are you gonna do now?"

" Tomorrow I'll meet with the officer again. I'll have a talk with him......but what I don't understand is that...why has he kept silent all this time, and decided to run after me now?"

He fell silent and I was left for my thoughts. It was evening already and the sun has begun to set. The soft orange glow of the sun painted the whole park in a lovely orange hue and even his face. Now his eyes showed a pretty purple, I don't know how it happens but now they were very much mysterious, complementing his personality. And then I realised, that I have met him only today, knowing nothing about him, I involved him into all of this and took his help and counsel, all unconsciously.

He looked at my face and broke out in a smirk and teased, "well, well am I that handsome that you're staring at me again?"

I shut my gaping mouth and turned away. my face flushed red. "I wasn't looking..."

"Right, right." He chuckled with his deep soothing voice.

"Well then, I guess I'll meet you tomorrow. Since that guy hasn't showed up yet, given he has all the resources he can to catch you by now, you are probably safe for a while. Go home and lock the doors completely." He rose slowly from the bench.

" Wait, you're leaving now? I haven't gotten a chance to know about you.."

"Why does that matter? I've known a lot about you today and if there is something wrong just call my name"

He winked and I still stood there trying to say something, while he suddenly shouted
" Wha! Who's there?"

In a flash I turned my head panicking if he was back again. To my relief, there wasn't anyone there. I turned to Sid's direction, only to find nothing.

"He... disappeared?"

Now I was left with even more questions to tire myself out that night. What is that guy?