The problem

"What are you doing over there?"

He looked around to see if someone else was there.

"me?"

"Yes, you."

He looked quite astonished at my answer. He was a boy, of my age or younger than me.

"you can see me?"

"yes, of course I can. You are not a ghost, are you?"

He looked at me amusingly. He then said in a low voice, "maybe.."

I raised one of my eyebrows at him, questioningly. He simply shook his head and said " it's nothing."

He then stared into my eyes for sometime. I then took a good look of his features. His hair was black and messy. His eyes were different, very unusual. They were multi colored. Green with blue and yellow colors mixed in them. There was something really attractive in his eyes. I felt lost in them.

[A/N : This is how his eyes look

[A/N : This is how his eyes look. I couldn't describe it that much, so it is better to see how it looks like for real.]

"Ahem"

I snapped out of it when he coughed all of a sudden.

"Are you done checking me out?"

My cheeks flushed up. I looked away and whispered a sorry.

"So tell me, who are you?"

I looked at him and then towards the building.

"I used to live here once."

"Oh. so you are the owner of this house?"

"Not the owner. I was the daughter of the owner."

"Was? They are not there anymore?"

I simply shook my head as I couldn't speak. my eyes were getting wet once again. 

He simply nodded, not speaking any further.

"What about you? Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"Me? Everyone calls me Sid. And...there's a connection between me and this tree. So I come here sometimes to see how it is doing."

"But its all dried up."

"I know. Well you don't need to know about it. Why did you come here again? To pay your respects to your parents?"

Before I could answer his question, I heard something. Some voices. 

I shushed him and slowly started to move behind the tree. I beckoned him to come and hide as well. He hesitated at first, but then slowly came and stood beside me. The voices got closer to us.

"Where do you think she hid, sir?"

"she probably is here somewhere. We could not have lost her."

I shuddered hearing the voice. My heart started racing . He  was back again. They were following me the whole time. My breathing began to get loud. I felt nauseous. Sid looked at me worriedly and mouthed an 'Are you ok?' I simply nodded, not to make any sound. suddenly, there was a ring. It was my phone. Shit. I switched it off instantly.

He shushed his accomplice and slowly started moving towards the tree. I closed my eyes and began to pray that I won't get caught. 

"Boss! There is a call for you!"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around. 

"Coming."

He started walking back, still suspicious.

Thanking the gods, we finally moved away from the tree as they left. I slowly moved from the tree to the back of the house, not making any sound. Sid was behind me, moving as stealthily as he can. I was moving perfectly, when I felt that I stepped on something soft. I looked down. My eyes widened. It was a snake. I screamed. I was terrified of snakes since birth. Sid walked fast and grabbed my mouth. He had the same astonished expression as before while he did that. I did not know why. But now, we were doomed.

Sid and I continued running. They were following us. I finally reached my car. I got into it.

"please, please start."

It started. I was panting hard. But Sid did not seem to pant even though he ran all the way here. 'He probably was an athlete', I thought to myself. He got into the seat beside me. I started it and pushed the accelerator hard. They got into their cars too and started following us. I drove as fast as I can. But it was too risky to go fast since it was a hilly road. I had to. Or else we would die. well, either ways we were gonna die.

"Who are those thugs following you?"

"The people who wanted to kill me."

"But why?"

"I don't know!"

They were still following us. One of the cars came in from behind us. It was right beside ours. I hit the accelerator hard and overtook him rashly. Our car hit the other one. It slowed down.

"Yes!", I cheered and hit the steering.

Another car came beside us. 

This time, I dashed into the woods. My car was an SUV, so it was easy, probably, if the trees weren't too thick. Nevertheless, I still drove into the woods. The branches crashed onto the windshield. There was a loud screeching as I pulled up the car in the midst of the forest.

"Did we lose them?"

"Probably."

Panting hard due to the adrenaline rush in my veins,  I got out of the car. So did Sid.

"So what are we going to do now?"

Before I could say something, (YES, I got interrupted, again.) We heard the rustling of the bushes nearby.

"Uh-oh, I guess we are going to end up here."