The Interrogation

"So, you're saying that you were being followed by some men who were trying to kill you."

"Yes."

The officer leaned back on his chair with his hands folded near his chest, thinking deeply.

We met him when we were in the forest. Let me tell you what happened properly.

We heard some rustling of the bushes nearby.

"Uh-oh. I guess we are gonna end up here."

Out of the bushes, came a man. To our surprise, it wasn't one of the men following us, but an officer. He was tall and looked like he was in his twenties.

"What are you doing in the midst of this forest?", he questioned, pointing at me.

I looked at Sid. He nodded.

"Please save us."

The officer was puzzled. After a while, he told us to get in his car. It was parked nearby. He said that he comes into this forest to feed some raccoons. I was surprised. I did not know that there were raccoons in this forest.

He took us to the police station. I had to leave my SUV behind. It got damaged badly. He said that some of his officers would bring it back to me. Once we reached the police station, he started interrogating us. More specifically, me.

After thinking for a while deeply, he bent forward and put his elbows on his desk, resting his chin on his hands.

"Do you know why they want to kill you?"

"No, I don't."

"What was your family name, again?"

"Anderson."

"Anderson? The same Anderson who died 13 years ago?"

"Yes."

"He was quite a big business man, your father."

I nod recalling how many companies used to compete to join with him. And when the news of him dead got out too, it made a pretty huge scene.

"How did he die?"

I paused for a while. Taking a deep breath, I replied, "My father was murdered, by 𝘩𝘪𝘮."

"But the statement was that it was an accident...."

"What? But he was murdered! In his own room, along with my mother!"

"But they have found the bodies at some other place, along with a wrecked car."

"But the blood stains....they are still there!"

"I am sorry Ms. Parkers. I do not know much about this case. But the official statement was that it was an accident."

"Oh...I'm sure that it was him who gave a wrong statement."

"Who is this 'him' you have been mentioning since then, Ms. Parkers?"

The officer questioned raising his eyebrow. My eyes moved here and there, as my anxiety made me sweat profusely. I finally met his eyes. I opened my mouth but my voice wasn't supporting me. It felt like my breath was taken away.

"The man who killed my parents, and wants to kill me too."

The officer stayed silent for a while. He leaned back and looked at the ceiling and then turned back to me.

"Could you give me a description of him?"

I wanted to say something but my voice wasn't coming out. I was sweating a lot. My vision started to blur again. I realized, I was getting dizzy. The officer understood this and quickly handed me a bottle of water. I managed to drink some.

"I think you are not feeling well Ms. Parkers. You need to get some rest. we will discuss about this tomorrow."

The officer got up and shook my hand. He then walked away to another officer. I too got up and left the room.