Ch 12- A way to find him?

Maybe it's Defence Against the Dark Arts that has given you a good eye for detail and fast reaction time or maybe it just what you saw. Sure, broom closets are good for hiding, crying, studying, amongst other things but what else? Oh yeah, snogging.

Harry's tongue was disgustingly unmissable (as was the moan that exited Draco's mouth). Their hands were entangled in hair and up shirts.

Instead of closing the door you stand there speechless.

"Uh... I was just looking for Cedric, have you seen h- No? okay." You finally manage to blubber out.

"Merlin, just close the door, would you?" Draco annoyingly remarks as he peels his face from Harrys.

"Yeah... no... okay. Bye!" You blubber out hurriedly and head for the door.

"Wait, I may be able to help." Harry says just before you exit.

You turn back to him as he takes a blank piece of folded parchment out his pocket. You may have walked in on them, but Harry doesn't have to embarrass you further. How could a piece of parchment possibly help find Cedric in a school as big as Hogwarts?

"How the hell is that meant to help?" You accidentally say out loud.

"Do you want help?" Harry says and just looks at you.

"Sorry! Yes, I do." This couldn't be more of an awkward situation, especially with Draco just standing ominously in the corner.

Harry gets his wand out, taps the parchment and says, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

We just stand there for a few seconds as nothing happens. You think he has gone crazy until ink starts to form words in fancy print on the front.

'Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs'

Your eyes widen and Draco just smirks in the corner.

"What is it? What does it do?" You ask him.

"It's called the Marauders map," he opens it and inside is the entire layout of Hogwarts, moving stairs and all, but that's not the craziest thing, little footprints move around with name tags attached, "it shows where people are and what room they are in."

"So, this map shows anyone? anywhere?" You say in disbelief trying to remember this is normal when you go to Hogwarts. But that doesn't make it any less amazing.

"Well, in Hogwarts, yes."

"Merlin how did you get your hands on this?" It seems impossible for you to stop asking so many questions.

"Well, it was made by my dad and his friends at Hogwarts in 1974 so they could make trouble without getting caught. Fred and George had it before me though, nicked it from Filtch's office" Harry explains to you.

"Wow... And I can use this to find Cedric?" You say hopefully.

"Yeah, just look for his name." he replies leaving you to search and going back to talk to Draco.

You scan the sheet from the Great Hall to all the common rooms and bathrooms. You get slightly annoyed as you wish you had this before going round to bother with every single broom closet, but how couldn't you have known such a map exists.

"Harry?" You call for him.

"Yeah?" he replies

"I can't find him." You hand Harry the map and he and Draco look.

"Maybe he's not in Hogwarts? Do you know where he could be?... Unless..." Harry shares a look with Draco.

"Unless?" you look at them for answers. "Harry?!"

"Do you know of the room of requirement? Along with the chamber of secrets it's one of the few places that doesn't show up."

"I thought that was just an old legend included in Hogwarts a History?" You answer, but the look on their face says otherwise. "I'm learning more and more each second."