Ch-3 Cedric?

"Hey... " Emma says slowly.

"Emma you're scaring me... what's up" you say concerned and curious.

"If we are going to be best friends, we have to share secrets because if you find out later our whole friendship could be a waste." You look at her confused

"Look I'll tell you straight out, you see I've come to Hogwarts late because my parents were killed by magic. I've spent six years in the orphanage trying to avoid coming to Hogwarts. I decided why be involved with something that ruined your life?" You look intently at her and process the newfound information.

"My parents weren't the nicest of people they had friends on the dark side and that's what got them killed by the Dark Lord. It seems stupid to still long and morn for people who were 'evil' but they were still my parents." You look at her trying to conceal your shock but then your face softens.

"Hey if you need help, I'm here plus it's not like I wouldn't be friends because of it, your parents don't define you." She cuts you off.

"Thank you... just don't tell anyone or they will think I'm evil, do you think I'm evil?? No. Anyway, how was the talk with Cedric." she says.

"I... well his girlfriend Cho broke up with him, so he needed some direction, he's distraught!" you say as you look to the ground.

"Was that it? No other gossip" she groans.

"Emma he just got out of a relationship what do you want me to say! Even if he did like me back there is no way he's ready." You exclaim back.

"I didn't say anything about you liking him, but I guess I got my gossip " she says clapping her hands and giggling.

"I- Emma!" you feel your face get warm with embarrassment. "I'm going to get ready for bed. Forget I even said anything!"

You wake up to Emma who is shaking you very violently (maybe having a roommate isn't going to be as fun as you thought) .

"Wha... wha ugh what are you doing I want to sleeppppp" you mumble half asleep.

"Timetables are out! Timetables are out! I want to see what we have together!" Emma says excited.

"Ok ok!" You humour her and hop out of bed to get ready. The two of you head down to the great hall to have breakfast and gather your timetables. As you walk you see Cedric and smile a smile that says, I'm sorry but I hope you're feeling better, but he just looks at you expressionless. He quickens his step and walks past you and your faces drops a bit.

"What's that about?" She asks as you sigh.

"I don't know, he may not talk to me very often, but he has never ignored me like that." You declare.

"Y/n, I'm sure he is still sad about Cho" she responds.

"Yeah, no, of course, you right, come one we better get to breakfast." You say still thinking of Cedric.