Ch11- Searching for Cedric

Before you fall asleep you think about what has happened in the last few days. Cedric being sad, Cho dating your brother, Cedric being sad again, Cho kissing a Gryffindor girl, Cedric being nowhere to be found.

It almost feels as though it isn't your life anymore, as if you spend most your time making others happy. Lucky Emma is there to make sure you stay sane.

After thinking for a while, you decide to pass time looking for Cedric. After the day of the DADA assessment, he has disappeared into thin air without a trace. If this was just another teenage boy, you wouldn't worry so much but it isn't, its Cedric.

What are you going to do about it? Search every classroom, every common room and every broom closet if that's what it takes to find the place Cedric is spending his time. You don't want to be intrusive, but it seems to be the same things over and over! Cho makes Cedric upset is someway and Cedric seems to cease to exist.

You grow tired of arguing with your own thoughts in your head and drift not so peacefully to sleep.

Waking up gets so repetitive, getting ready, eating breakfast and trying to find Cedric. It seems everything is the same, but that's going to change, sure Hogwarts is like massive, but you are determined to talk with Cedric and lay it down straight. However, nicely of course this is Cedric after all, yet is it? Cedric used to be outgoing, charming, patient and surprisingly good at finding the things you need in the moment, but it seems the roles are reversed and you don't know how long you can keep it up.

Later on, after looking in the great hall during breakfast and searching every house common room, you decide broom closets must be the next easiest thing, though the thought of Ced curled up in a broom closet seems silly its definitely something he would do in his current state.

Starting with the one in the dungeon was a mistake and almost put you off checking the others. The stench was horrible! The boxes of Merlin knows how many broken potion bottles looks combustible. A sort of slime dripped over the shelves and singular matted broom that lay against the moulding wall. It being obvious Cedric isn't in there you shut the door and gag before walking to the first floor of Hogwarts.

After Floor after floor of looking at boring or the occasional festively decorated broom closet you reach the ones on the seventh floor. After so many rounds of opening and closing closets it has become what seems to be a worthless chore, even though you know it isn't, nothing for Cedric is. Opening the door to this particular one jolted you with new founded and much needed energy. Let's just say this moment will fill you with enough embarrassment to last forever, no matter how worth it it was.