ღ A Melted Heart ღ (Damon Salvatore) Good Men

"Hey Bonnie, it's me. Just checking in... seeing how your doing. Lectra and I miss you here, but we don't want to drive you too crazy." Elena told Bonnie in a voice mail for about the millionth time. We then both heard footsteps so we looked up to see Jenna, "Come home soon...love you."

Elena then hung up her phone and let her hand fall into her lap, as I rocked us back and fourth on the swing, outside our door.

"What are you doing out here?" Aunt Jenna asked us, "It's cold."

"Just thinking." I responded, shrugging.

"Writing." Elena piped in, "Bonnie's grandma's funeral brought up a lot about mom and dad."

I nodded in agreement, the sad memories slowly overwhelming me. I bit my lip and looked down at the deck. Trying to hold the tears in that were about to fall.

"You said you would do some digging... About the adoption." Elena said breaking the awkward silence that had developed. Jenna smiled slightly still not answering, "Did you... Dig?"

"Come on inside.." Jenna said motioning with her head towards the door, "You too Electra."

"Your dad kept everything for his medical practice ; records, logs, old appointment books." Jenna said picking up a green spiral notebook, "I found an entry, from the day you two were born. A patient and a birth date.. Isobel Peterson."

I scrunched up my eyebrows, "Is that her real name..?"

"Pregnant teenage runaway?" Jenna asked, "Probably not." She admitted, "First name maybe, but where'd she get Peterson? Class date? Best friend?"

"I BINGed it, Petersons in the area and born the same year as Isobel." Jenna said typing on her computer to pull up the results to show us, "Found three, two men and one woman."

"Trudie, who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia." Jenna told us smiling at our amazed facial expressions.

"That's not far from here." Elena told me, grinning.

I nodded in return, not sure of what to say.

"Alright well watch this.." Jenna said and then she typed in 'Grove Hill High school' then she hit search and she pulled up the school website.

She then pulled up a picture from the year 'Isobel' would have went to school there. And there was two cheerleaders looking into the camera with slight grins. One was a blonde with blue eyes while the other had very dark hair and brown eyes.

"Isobel..." I whispered finally coming back to reality.

"She was a cheerleader." Elena said smiling brightly, while Jenna and I let out a small chuckle.

"Trudie still lives there." Jenna told us grabbing a sticky note and writing down some information on it, "This is her address."

"What about Isobel?" Elena asked curiously.

"I couldn't find anything about her." Jenna said her tone turning slightly sad, "Listen there's something else, Mister Saltzman.. Rick, his wife was from around here, her name was also Isobel."

I stood there staring at Jenna blankly.. Was? And was Mister Saltzman.. my father? So many questions flooded through my head.

"Was?" Elena asked in a whisper, "As in.."

Elena couldn't seem to finish her sentence. I could only figure that she was feeling the same drop in her stomach as I was.

"She died."

“Alaric's wife might have have been your guy's mother?” Stefan asked Elena and I skeptically, which I didn't blame him for. The idea was a little far fetched and hard for me to believe as well.