ღ A Melted Heart ღ (Damon Salvatore) Pilot

~ Electra's POV ~

Dear Diary,

Today will be different, It has to be. I will smile and it will be believable. My smile will say, I'm fine, thank you. Yes, I feel much better. I will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I will make it through. Although Tyler, hasn't made it easy. He has a new girl to call his, and well neither has Jer. He is into drugs since Mom, and Dad died. He doesn't talk to me as much as he did before. It's like we have grown apart or maybe never were close. It's all messed up, but today, I will make it through and won't be sad or depressed. I will be me again.

- Electra Gilbert

I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen, setting my bag on the chair. I turned to see Aunt Jenna looking aimlessly into the fridge, and Elena setting her brown leather jacket on the table.

"Toast. I can make toast." Jenna said turning to look at Elena and I. Elena turned half around as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"It's all about the coffee Aunt Jenna." Elena said, letting out a small breath of air. I rolled my eyes, and moved past her and poured myself a cup of coffee.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy asked, approaching Elena and I from behind. He walked up to me and snatched my cup from my hands before taking a sip. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. It wasn't worth it, I decided. So, I just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"It's your first day of school and I am totally unprepared. . . " Jenna said zoning off as she frantically searched through her purse.

"Lunch money?" She asked before approaching the three of us.

"I'm okay." Elena answered.

"Yea, I'm fine too. Thanks anyway." I said, smiling softly.

Jeremy didn't reply verbally instead he walked up to Jenna and grabbed the money.

"Anything else? A number 2 pencil?" Jenna asked putting things into her purse. "What am I missing?"

I rose an inquisitive brow, "Don't you have a big presentation today?"

"I'm meeting with my thesis adviser at..." Jenna glanced down at the watch on her wrist, "now. Huh, crap." She said taking her hair out of a bun.

"Then go." Elena urged.

"Yea, we'll be fine." I said reassuring her.

Jenna just nodded and grabbed her bag in a frantic hurry before bolting out of the house. Elena, Jeremy and I remained in the kitchen. I turned to Jeremy who was looking depressed as always these days.

"You okay?" I asked, with concern.

"Ugh, don't start." He said, grabbing his or should I say my coffee off the counter and then walked away. All I could do was sigh and exchange worried glances with Elena.

Bonnie came by and picked Elena and I up less than fifteen minutes later. Elena sat in the front seat next to Bonnie and I was, of course, left in the back. I stared out the window with crossed arms watching the trees race by as I thought of Mom and Dad. Glancing at Elena in the front, it seemed that she was doing the same thing.

Eventually, Bonnie became uncomfortable with the silence so she decided to speak, "So, grams is telling me I'm physic. Our ancestors were from Salem? Witches and all that I know crazy! And she is going on and on about it and I'm like put this woman in a home already!" Bonnie let out a awkward laugh, "But then again, I started thinking I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger and I still think Florida will break off and turn into a resort island."