002

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MIYOUNG

"Yeona!" Miyoung raised her head that was buried into the book she was reading. Haeun's friends were currently at the house and she wanted to give them privacy, which explains how she ended up in the library.

Standing in front of her was Sunoo, grinning at her. Only had she realized he called her by Yeona again after she made it perfectly clear on her message that she goes by the name Miyoung now. Putting her book down, she watches him sit in front of her.

She sighs. "You really can't stop calling me by that name huh?"

He laughs nervously. "It's almost like forcing myself to call a banana, watermelon. I didn't expect to see you here again."

"A 300 year old lady has seen so much, maybe you can consider this as my retirement." Miyoung jokes. "What brings you here back in the library?"

Sunoo shrugs. "I suddenly felt like going here. Luckily though, I saw you. I want to hear more about your life." Sunoo said, an innocent smile plastered on his face. It really amused her how he could deliver such a bold statement yet keep his innocent face.

Miyoung raised an eyebrow. "Why are you so interested in mine when your curse is as old as I am?"

He frowns. "All I could really see are snippets of their life. It's rather crazy how one can be so close yet you still have little information about them. And how do you know it's as old as you?"

She chuckles. "If they knew Han Yeona, they're most likely as old as I am. Have you tried what I told you? Find things that gives you the sense of familiarity?"

He shook his head. "Want to come with me to the park then?" He suddenly suggested, catching Miyoung by surprise. "Like I said, maybe with you I can easily figure out who the owner of my memories is."

She really could not understand how her presence would do any difference, but then again curiosity is really getting the best of her. With a sigh, she nods agreeing to his offer. She's rarely short of time anyway, it's not like she has any responsibility to fulfill rather than slack off and read a bunch of novels.

Standing up and returning the book to where she got it, she joined Sunoo outside of the Library. He led the way to the park, she asked him why he chose the park out of all the places. She knew the park was old, yes. But she was rather hoping he at least had a bit of knowledge why the park felt familiar to him. With no surprise, he also didn't know why the park played such an significant factor to the owner's life.

Arriving at the park, she was welcomed by the loud laughs of children running around along with chattering of couples who were having picnics. The two of them kept walking until Sunoo stopped in front of a huge tree that she could immediately tell was old.

"What are we doing here?" Miyoung asked, looking at him.

He looked at her and smiled. "This tree was the very first thing that triggered my memories. It gives me this feeling of nostalgia, a feeling of short-lived happiness."

"The owner must be sentimental if a tree could make them feel a vast of emotions." She said, looking up at tree. A strong wind blew making the leaves fall, now that he mentioned she also felt a vast of emotion while looking at the tree.

Judging from its looks, the tree really did look old which meant it has seen many things. Yet despite the drastic changes it has witnessed, it remains standing much like her. Watching everything change in a blink of an eye was indeed scary but she couldn't be afraid forever, she needed to face the world.