015

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MIYOUNG

Miyoung watched Haeun practice with her scalpels as they both sat in the living room together. She had a straight face while Haeun's were tensed as she continued to practice.

"Don't you have a date, Miyoung? Why are you here watching me practice? It makes me nervous." Haeun pouts, looking at the girl across her.

She chuckles. "I wanted to watch you, that's all. I've only seen those blades on tv shows, to think a descendant of mine is going to be a doctor." She says.

Haeun smiles. "Once I'm a doctor and earn a lot, you're going to live with me in a mansion." She says enthusiastically which made Miyoung grin.

Haeun reminded her so much of her young sister, maybe that's why she treated her like a sibling more than a descendant. Even she wasn't this close with Chaerin. Haeun excused herself to the restroom, claiming all the practicing was making her pee. She stared at the sharp blade then suddenly an idea popped out of her head.

What if she cut her hand with the scalpel? What the old lady said to her has been bugging her way too much she just wanted to test if the curse is still with her. She held the scalpel, placing the blade on her left hand. She took a deep breath. Haeun returned from the restroom and saw blood dripping from Miyoung's hand which immediately made her panic.

"Miyoung!" She rushes to the other lady, grabbing her left hand and pressing the cloth on her wound. "How did you cut your hand?! I know you're immortal but that doesn't mean you can't feel pain!"

Miyoung looked paler than ever. "It isn't healing. Why is it not healing? It's supposed to be healed by now." She panicked, looking at her bleeding hand.

"Could it be... is your curse gone?" Haeun's eyes widened. "T-That's wonderful but we need to treat your wound first. Wait let me get the first aid kit, keep pressing the wound."

What she felt like was similar to when she found out about her immortality. She didn't know whether she would be happy or not. After years of wishing, it has finally come but why now when she finally found the happiness she has been desperately looking for? Why must it be now? She felt the tears fall from her eyes once she realized what that lady was saying is all true.

Take a step forward.

Miyoung has finally opened the door blocking her and now a brand new path has revealed itself. Yet even though she has already opened it, she still remained on the other side pretending as if it's still closed. Taking a step forward was even harder now that there was another person next to her. As Haeun treated her wound, she failed to say anything.

"Are you not happy, Miyoung? This is what you've always wanted, right?" Haeun asked. "Are you afraid of death now?"

She sighs. "I don't know Haeun. It seems unreal to be honest, I'm relieved that my time has now continued running. I have been Han Yeona for 300 years, what would happen now?"

Haeun smiles at her, holding her hand. "You should be happy Miyoung now. At least you won't be stuck in this life anymore, you can finally achieve your dreams and live normally like the rest. We can now watch each other grow and become old hags!"

She laughs. "Thank you, Haeun. But can you not tell anyone for now? I don't want to shock anyone, plus I want to figure out how the curse is suddenly gone."

"Oh yeah, you must've done something. Can you think of anything that could've possibly broken the curse?" She asks but Miyoung couldn't think of anything. There was Sunoo but the more she thought about it, it seemed less probable that meeting him broke it. As he said, at some point in their life, they met.

She knew for sure she needed to meet that old lady again. But how? She didn't even know her or better yet where to begin looking. What if she went back to the supermarket? Would the lady still be there? Excusing herself, she immediately got dressed and rushed to where she last saw the lady, hoping and praying that she'll randomly show herself again.

But she was nowhere to be seen. She looked around but it was no use, no one approached her randomly and she recognized nobody. Her next destination was the park, when she first talked to her, she could feel that the woman had a strong connection to what got them cursed in the first place. She didn't run this time and allowed herself to blend in with the sea of people. She now had nothing to hide, she was now as ordinary as they were.

A sigh of disappointment escaped her lips as the woman was still nowhere to be found. She fell in the bench, trying to rest her feet that had been aching since earlier. "I just need you to show up and explain everything to me." She mumbles, burying her face on her palms.

She felt two hands on her wrists, pulling it away from her face. Her eyes widened when she saw Sunoo kneeling in front of her as he smiled in a comforting way. Out of the blue, she pulled him into a hug, feeling a lot more at ease than earlier. Like what his father said to her, they were each other's other half, when together they feel complete.

"Why is it I know always where to find you?" He says, hugging her back. "Are you okay? You seemed tired."

"Now I'm not." She mumbles. "Can we stay like this a little bit longer? I'm really exhausted right now." He stayed quiet for awhile, both enjoying the warmth of each other. Finally pulling away she smiles at him. "Why did you come here anyway? Weren't you busy?"

"I was on my way to see you but I saw you rushing to the park so I followed you. What were you doing here is the real question." He explains, sitting next to her. "You can tell me anything."

Miyoung sighs. "I was looking for someone but it seems she isn't here." She answered, leaving some details out. She swore that she'll tell him soon but for now, it was best to be quiet.

Sunoo glances at her hand and his eyes widened when he finally noticed the bandage wrapped around her left palm. "Miyoung, what happened to your hand?"

"I..." She trailed off. "I'm not immortal anymore Sunoo. The curse is finally gone." She told him, smiling at him.

"That's great!" He grinned, pulling her into a hug again. "You don't have to watch everyone go now, you're finally free after years of being locked into this body." He says which reminded her of what Haeun said earlier.

"But would you love me now that I age?" She jokes, lightening up the mood around them. "I'm not going to look 20 forever anymore. I think it's time I start taking care of myself more now."

He laughs. "No matter how wrinkly you look in the future, I would still love you nonetheless." He says, assuring her that no matter how she looked, his heart would remain with her.

"Let's be happy together now."

She smiled after what he said but suddenly it vanished when she saw the old lady not far from them, looking at her with a serious face.

The old lady turned her back on the couple, looking up at the sun as she walks away. "An eclipse could only last for so long, one of you has to set to correct the sky."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AUTHOR'S NOTE :

can't believe i only have 5 chapters left to write