Chapter One: In the beginning

(Y/N)'s POV:

Darkness. That's the first thing I remember. It was dark but warm but I was scared until I opened my eyes and saw the moon. It was so big and bright and it seemed to chase the darkness away. And, when it did, I wasn't scared anymore. At first, I didn't know why I was here. Apart of me wonders if I ever will know why I'm here. I was in a room with a beautiful view of the moon.

I looked around and found a bow with two arrows. One with a heart tip and one with a gold tip. I took the bow and the heart-tipped arrow and shot it in the air making it explode once it reached a certain height. It exploded into hearts which cascaded down into the room. I did the same thing with the golden tipped arrow but it just came back to me. I could make them disappear and reappear at my command.

I started having fun with the heart arrow when I accidentally made myself fly with beautiful white angel wings I didn't know I had. I fell. Once I landed, I tried flying to a town I saw nearby. I arrived and tried asking people to tell me where I was but everyone passed through me. Oh, silly me. I should introduce myself. My name is (Y/N) Cupid or just Cupid as everyone calls me. But how do I know this? The moon told me so. That's all he ever told me. And what happened was a long time ago.

(Timeskip! 800 years later)

The 14th of February may be over but that doesn't mean my job is done. As Cupid, I make relationships happen and it happens every day. I had many upgrades during the last 800 years but I've settled with a pink and white jumpsuit dress with flowers and a cape with me on it. Or what people think I look like.

 Or what people think I look like

I've also made a new friend

I've also made a new friend. I met him 300 years ago. His name is Jack Frost and, boy, does he like to have fun. He has occasionally helped me with relationships by accident. Speaking of Jack, I caught up with him talking bad about Bunny, the Easter Bunny. He was watching a young boy named Jamie. I swear he addicted to this kid.

"Hey, Cupid," Jack said noticing me.

"Jack," I said smiling.

"Been a while."

"I saw what you did in Russia. You ruined another one of my couples again."

"I didn't mean to."

"Because you're my friend, I'll let it slide."

Jamie's mum came out and gave her son his hat telling him not to let Jack nip at his nose. No one has believed in me or Jack ever since Man in the moon put us on this Earth. It's annoying really because we work hard to make everything happen and we're just fairy-tales to parents and kids. Or me and Jack are just expressions. Jack decided to try make Jamie and his friends see us with a snowball again and a snowball fight started.

I stayed out of it. Only to end up chasingJack who made the ground slippery so Jamie could ride his sled. They went into the street and I flew after Jack telling him to stop. But when does he ever listen to me? Answer: never. Jack then made Jamiefly in the air and land into some snow near a statue. Jamie was unphased, surprisingly, and told his friends what happened when he was hit by a sofa.

That must've come from the moving truck that sliding accidentally released all its cargo. Jamie was unphased again when he popped up with his front tooth in his hand. Jamie and his friends left and, it turned out, they never saw me or Jack even before the snowball fight. Jack flew off leaving me alone. I left after because I had a job to do. My night was the usual. Love, love, and more love.

I took a break when I saw Sandman at work giving all the children's dreams. Streams of golden, glowing sand filled the sky. I always loved when Sandman was at work because his work is so beautiful. I touched one of the sad streams to see tap-dancing penguins. Sandman stopped his work and I felt something whiz past me. Jack was following it so I decided to follow. We ended up in an alleyway. I made my bow and golden tipped arrow out ready to shoot something.

"Hello, mates," we turned to where the Australasian voice came from to see Bunny in the shadows with his boomerangs, "Been a long time. Blizzard of '68, I believe. Easter Sunday, wasn't it?"

"Bunny! You're not still mad about that, are you?" Jack asked.

"Yes. And, Cupid, you made all my eggs have hearts on them in '87."

"They needed more love," I said.

"Well, this is about something else," Bunny said.

Some Yeti's came up from behind me and Jack and put us in a sack. We struggled to stay away from each other until we were thrown to the floor. Two elves opened the sack before running off and we saw all the guardians. Bunny, Sandman, North, and Tooth.

"Hey, there they are! Jack Frost and Cupid!" North said in his Russian accent.

We were at the North Pole! Some Yeti's picked me and Jack up and put us on our feet.

"I hope the Yeti's treated you well," North said.

"Oh, yeah," Jack said picking up his staff with his foot, "We love being shoved in a sack and tossed through a magic portal."

"Oh, good. That was my idea," North said smiling, "you two know bunny, obviously."

"Obviously," I said.

"And the Tooth fairy," North said.

"Hello, Jack. I've heard a lot about you. And your teeth!" Toothsaid smiling.

Jack was confused and Tooth made him open his mouth to see his teeth. White as always. She checked mine too. They were white but not as white as Jack's. Especially since I like chocolate. My second favorite thing about Valentine's Day. North introduced us to Sandeman, or Sandy, as they call him, but he was asleep. North woke him up.

"Hey, ho, anyone want to tell us why we're here?" Jack asked.

Sandy tried to explain with dream sand on top of his head but we couldn't understand. Sandy can't talk anyway.

"We must've done something really bad to get you four together? Are we on the naughty list?" I asked.

"Ha! On naughty list? Jack holds the record. You, Cupid, are on nice list. But, no matter. We overlook. Now we are wiping clean the slate," North said wiping his Naughty tattoo on his right arm.

"How come?" Jack asked.

"Ha! Good question," Bunny said.

"How come? I tell you, how come. Because now you are Guardians!" North said.