Chapter Three: We meet again

Northport on a giant coat with fur at the trims and a Russian fur hat and took us somewhere else. Jack didn't want to go with them. Especially not in some rickety old... sleigh? Some giant doors were opened to reveal Yeti's taking out some rabid reindeer's pulling a not so rickety or old sleigh. It looked cool really. Jack told him only one ride and got on. I was excited if anything.

I don't interfere with the Guardian's much, except that one Easter with bunny, but I always wondered what North's sleigh looked like and what it was like to ride in it. Bunny didn't want to get on but North forced him on and we started moving. We went through an ice tunnel, did some loopty-loops, and out of the Pole, into the air!

That was amazing and I am so riding with North in the sleigh again! He was right. Everyone loves the sleigh. Well, everyone except Bunny who wanted to be sick. North used a snow globe to make a portal to theTooth Palace. We arrived to see something I never wanted to see again. Pitch's nightmares. They were horses made of black sand. Pitch had a reputation for turning Sandy's dreams into nightmares.

They were chasing Tooth's fairies she called Baby Tooth or Teeth if it's a group. Jack only managed to save one. We chased one of the nightmares into the Palace where North defeated it spilling out some Teeth Capsules. Jack had taken over steering the sleigh while North took care of the nightmare but got distracted and we had a bit of a crash landing. I've had worse landings. We saw Tooth fly around in a panic saying how the nightmares had taken her fairies and the teeth. BabyTooth flew up to her and she was happy to see at least one was okay.

"I have to say, this is very, very exciting," an all too familiar British voice echoed throughout the Palace, "the Big Four, all in one place. I'm a little starstruck," Pitch appeared above us, "did you like my show on the Globe, North? Got you all together, didn't I?"

North scoffed. He planned this.

"Pitch! You have got thirty seconds to return my fairies!" Toothsaid flying up to him but he disappeared.

"Or what?" Pitch asked appearing somewhere else, "you'll stick a quarter under my pillow?"

"Why are you doing this?" North asked him.

"Maybe I want what you have. To be believed in!" Pitchdisappeared, "Maybe I'm tired," he appeared somewhere else, "of hiding under beds!"

"Maybe that's where you belong!" Bunny said.

Pitch scoffed and appeared underneath where the Guardians were standing, "Go suck on an egg, rabbit."

Bunny tried to grab him but he disappeared again.

"Hang on. Is that Jack Frost?" Pitch's voice echoed, chuckling," since when are you all so chummy?"

"We're not," Jack said.

"Oh, good," Pitch said from behind us, "A neutral party. then I'm going to ignore you. But you must be used to that by now."

Pitch noticed me, "Well, well, well. Nice to see you again, Love. It's been a long time. 248 years if I remember correctly. I see you're a Guardian."

"Don't call me Love. And I'm a neutral party," I said.

"Then I'll ignore you too. You're used to that."

Bunny ran to attack Pitch but he disappeared to where we first saw him. Tooth took one of Bunny's boomerangs and tried to attack Pitchbut a nightmare stopped her. Pitch calmed it down.

"Look familiar, Sandman?" Pitch asked him, "took me a while to perfect this little trick. Cupid was there when I did it the first time. Turning dreams into nightmares. Don't be nervous. It only riles them up more. They smell fear, you know."

"What fear? Of you?" Bunny laughed taking his boomerang back fromTooth, "no one has been afraid of you since the Dark Ages!"

"Oh, the Dark Ages. Everyonefrightened, miserable. Such happy times for me. Oh, the power I wielded! But then the Man in the Moon chose you to replace my fear with your wonder and light. Lifting their hearts and giving them hope. Meanwhile, everyone wrote me off as just a bad dream. 'Oh, there's nothing to be afraid of! There's no such thing as the Boogeyman!' Well, that's all about to change!"

I know he had this trouble even before we stopped being friends but I didn't realize it hurt him this bad. I guess I made it worse. The Tooth Palace started to fade.

"Oh, look. It's happening already," Pitch said.

"What is?" Jack asked.

Tooth gasped.

"Children are waking up and realizing the Tooth Fairy never came," Pitch said, "I mean, such a little thing. But to a child..."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"They... they don't believe in me anymore..." Tooth said.

"Didn't they tell you, Love? It's great being a Guardian. But there's a catch. if enough kids stop believing, everything your friends protect, wonder, hopes, and dreams, it all goes away. And little by little, so do they," Pitchchuckled, "No Christmas, or Easter, or little fairies that come in the night. There will be nothing but fear and darkness. And me. It's your tun not to be believed in!"

Bunny had enough and threw a boomerang at Pitch. He climbed on his nightmare and rode to the bottom of the Palace. We followed him down until we reached a lagoon and he was gone. Tooth started telling Jack about why she and her fairies collect children's teeth while North and Bunny questioned me.

"Cupid. I have question. Why does Pitch call you Love?" North asked.

"Just some stupid nickname he gave me when we were friends. I hate it now," I said.

"I thought you said you and pitch were friends about 500 years ago but Pitch said 248 years," Bunny said.

"I lose track of the years. I have been here maybe over 800 years," I said.

We then started listening to Tooth. Apparently, we all were someone else before we were chosen to be who we are. Jack was now determinant to get his Teeth Capsule to see his memories and know why he was here. Unfortunately, Pitch has them. Jack wanted to get his teeth back to see his memories. Toothwanted to saw something but some of her feathers fell off her and the painting on the wall on the other side of the lagoon started fading away. North started thinking.

"Idea!" North said pointing a sword at Bunny, "We will collect the teeth!"

"What?" Tooth asked.

"We get teeth, children start believing in you!"

"We're talking seven continents and millions of kids!"

"Give me break. You know how many toys I deliver in one night?"

"And eggs I hide in one day?"Bunny asked.

"And, Jack, Cupid, if you help us, we will get you your memories," North said smiling.

Well, what do we have to lose?

"We're in," Jack and I said.