Chapter Five: The final light

I arrived at my Palace and went to the room with my version of the globe inside. I did have lights showing the children who believed in the Guardians and lights for the people who still love each other because I helped them. But the lights of the children were fading. I left the room to the highest balcony and looked out among the clouds. I looked at my Tooth Capsule. I don't want this. I had the urge to throw it but I didn't want to ruin Tooth's hard work.

"You always came up here when you wanted to think. I see you haven't changed," Pitch said from behind me.

"And you always hated this place. You hate daylight and my home is full of it," I said not looking at him.

"I would only be out in the daylight for you, Love."

I shot my heart arrow at his feet, making him fall at the explosion.

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CALLING ME LOVE?!" I yelled.

"I can call you what I want,(Y/N)," Pitch said standing up, "what happened to the angel I loved?"

"I moved on!"

"That doesn't mean we can't try again."

"Try again?! No! There is no trying again! I divorced you for a reason! We made a deal that you broke! We would be friends as long as we stayed out of each other's way when it came to work! You broke our deal so many years after you proposed in this very spot and after we got married! Eventually, I had enough and you know exactly what happened next and we never spoke again!"

I wouldn't be so mad at him if he didn't do what he did when I had planned to ask him a question. I wanted to ask him if we could finally start a family and have a child. But I never had the chance because of what he was doing. I want to give him another chance but I can't trust him.

"I did it so the world would believe in us again. I didn't think it would ruin things between us," Pitch said.

"EXACTLY! YOU DON'T THINK! IF YOU HAD TOLD ME WHAT YOU WERE DOING, WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION NOW AND WE WOULD STILL BE TOGETHER!" I yelled, "I loved you, Pitch. I really did. I didn't ask for much. Just you, your love, and for you to keep your side of the deal. But then you broke my heart."

I turned from him.

"Tonight I will snap out the rest of the lights of children who still believe. Tell the Guardians and stop me before it's too late. And I'm not telling you this because I still love you, I'm telling you this as a cry for help. Goodbye, (Y/N) Cupid."

With that, he was gone. Why is he crying for help? Whatever the reason is, I told the Guardians but left out the argument and Pitch's cry for help. Unfortunately, Easter had taken its toll on everyone. North was relying on his sword to keep him stood up, Tooth couldn't fly anymore and Bunny was now a small bunny rabbit. I almost forgot what Pitch told me. It's great being a Guardian.

But there's a catch. If enough kids stop believing, everything the Guardians protect, wonder, hopes, and dreams, it'll all go away. And little by little, so will they. They're fading away. Despite this, we went in the sleigh to the only believer left in the whole world. Jack was already there with the last light. Jamie. Jamie was happy to see everyone after thinking it was all a dream and, to add on to this miracle, he could see me too!

Our happy moment was ruined by Pitch who made it thunder and lightning as he looked over the town from his cloud of black sand. Jack flew up to confront Pitch while the rest of us ran off with Jamie. We wound up in the same alleyway we met Bunny a few days ago. Jack made a crash landing down to us. We went to assist him.

"That was good try, Jack 'A' for effort," North said.

"He's stronger. I can't beat him," Jack said.

Thunder banged as we heard Pitch's laughter and saw his shadow roam around.

"All this fuss over one little boy, and still he refuses to stop believing. Very well, There are other ways to snuff out a light," Pitch said making all the lights around us shut off.

"If you want him, you're gonna have to through me!" Bunny said.

Pitch's hand still a shadow appeared under him, "look how fluffy you are. Would you like a scratch behind the ears?"

Bunny jumped in North's hand, "Don't you even think about it!"

"I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you all like this," Pitch appeared on one of his nightmares and some more behind him, "you look awful."

Jamie told Jack he was scared so he knelt down to comfort him only to zone out. He snapped out of it. Pitch laughed.

"So what do you think, Jamie? Do you believe in the Boogey-" Pitch was cut off by a snowball to the face.

Jack. Everyone tried not to laugh. Jack told Jamie that we need to get his friends. Jack made the floor ice so we could use things nearby to sled through the neighborhood. We collected Jamie,s friends. Pippa, Monty, Cupcake, Claude, and Caleb. All of them believed and saw us. They all came with us until we stopped, seeing Pitch create a storm of nightmares and black sand, surrounding us.

Pitch was almost laughing at the sight of us with six children by our sides. North tried to point his sword up at him but couldn't keep himself up so he put it back down. I assured the kids that all of Pitch's creations were only bad dreams. Bunny told them we would protect them but Pitch shot back asking who would protect us. Well, only two of us can protect the Guardians and the kids and that's me and Jack. Or so we thought. All the children said they would protect the Guardians.

"Still think there's no such thing as the Boogeyman?" Pitch asked.

All the nightmares charged towards us.

"I do believe in you. I'm just not afraid of you!" Jamie said.

The Nightmares didn't stop. Jamie reached out his hand and...