.v. : drowning in love

"Ten..You need to be more careful." Kaiden sighed softly, frowning as he sat beside me.

After I almost drowned, York and Anise decided that it would be best if we headed home. I agreed and with that, we headed back towards me and Kaiden's house. Kaiden seemed to know what happened and was waiting for me when I got home.

After I settled down, taking a shower, Kaiden started rambling on about how worried he was. He had only calmed down a few minutes ago.

I didn't mind Kaiden rambling on, in fact, I just couldn't help but smile as he did. Kaiden was constantly overthinking and worrying about me, it was nice to hear his worry again..Somehow I started feeling more at home than ever.

I sighed contently and just giggled at Kaiden. Kaiden studied me before his expression softened and he sighed. "Man...What am I going to do with you?" he reached over to hold my hand. I just smiled, staring at his transparent hand that laid through mine. I slowly turned my hand and laced our fingers together.

Was I doing the wrong thing? Getting so connected to Kaiden again when he was a ghost. I didn't even know if what he said was real. I didn't know if this really was Kaiden or just some sort trick that I was playing on myself. I soon felt a hint of disappointment wash over me as I thought about that. What if this was all a trick? What if Kaiden wasnt real? Would I be considered insane? Crazy? Delusional? What would people think if I told them about Kaiden?

' Oh look its the mute boy who had delusion's about his dead boy friend.. '

I frowned at the thought and looked down. The image that I created in my mind was far from pleasant. It hurt, thinking of being called that.

"Whats wrong? Are you okay? Does your throat hurt?" Kaiden quickly asked, his expression etched with worry. I looked up at him and smiled sadly, shaking my head.

When we all drove back home from the beach my throat had hurt. It felt like 80 men were strangling me at once. But after some hot tea, a cough drop, and a shower, I suddenly felt better. I shook my head at Kaiden's question's, hoping to reassure him that I was fine.

Kaiden sighed in relief and nodded slowly. "Good," He murmured softly, his expression softened as he stared at me.

I stared into his deep indigo eye's, my heart pounding into my chest as I stared. His eye's had locked into mine. We kept our gaze, he leaned down to kiss me, a hand on my cheek. He rubbed my cheek with his transparent thumb, although I could not feel it. His lips hovering over mine. I slowly closed my eye's although the moment was ruined when the door opened.

I snapped out of it and turned to look at the door. York walked in, shutting the door behind him and walking towards the couch. "Hey, Ten, how are you feeling?" He asked, concern sparked through his face. He sat down next to me and I shrugged a little.

"Pretty good, hm?" He murmured. I nodded, a bit upset that our kiss was ruined. While it wouldn't be a real kiss, since we couldn't touch, it didn't matter. It was the thought that counted, what we were trying to do. York sighed and stared at the ground and ran his fingers through his hair slowly. "Hey, Ten, I have..Erm, I have something to tell you..and I was thinking that maybe we could go out Saturday and I could tell you." York smiled sheepishly up at me and I thought for a moment, nodding slowly.

York clearly sighed in relief and relaxed. "Good..Thats good then," He smiled. I smiled back slowly, although I glanced over for Kaiden. As excepted, he was no where in sight. I suddenly felt a pit of emptiness grow inside of me now with him gone. Even with York here it wasnt the same thing. I needed Kaiden to be with me. I needed him to be human.