.vii. pale lips, soft voice

Kaiden was waiting for me when I got home, like always. He was sitting on the couch, criss cross, staring at the wall. He glanced over at me and smiled when he saw me. "Hey love, welcome home," He murmured softly.

I smiled back a little, I didn't want to tell Kaiden what happened but at the same time I felt like he had the right to know what happened. He was my boy friend after all and York was his best friend. I didnt want no secrets between me and Kaiden, especially since I just got him back.

I began to feel selfish. I haven't been spending the most time I have with Kaiden. I should be spending every second with him. Not many people get a chance too talk to their dead lover. I twisted and pulled my fingers, keeping my gaze down.

"H-Hey Kaiden.." I mumbled. It still felt so odd to me, hearing myself talk. Never, not in a million years, had I imagined myself saying Kaiden's name. Kaiden's eye's widened and he stumbled up, if he wasnt a ghost then he would've been tripping over his own feet.

"Ten! Y-You talked.." Kaiden whispered, his voice broke and he quickly covered his mouth. Tears streamed down his cheek's, although once they fell off his chin they disappeared into thin air. I smiled weakly and looked down, nodding.

"Y-Yeah..I talked." I whispered. Kaiden wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a untouchable hug. I stared off, smiling and looking down. Kaiden didn't smell like anything and I was kinda disappointed. I missed his scent.

"I'm glad you're back Ten.." Kaiden whispered, smiling and resting his chin on my shoulder. I smiled and looked down, nodding.

"I-I'm glad you're happy.." I whispered as I watched the tears stream down Kaiden's transparent cheeks.

Kaiden laughed softly, "Man..I really wish I could kiss you.." He whispered softly in my ear, staring down at the ground. I stared up at him. I wished that too-more then he could ever imagine. But I kept that to myself.

I just giggled a little, happy to see Kaiden so happy. His joy meant my joy. I then inhaled shakily remembering what I wanted to tell him. "Hey Kaiden.." I whispered.

He blinked a little and then huffed, "Okay what did I do wrong?"

"W-What do you mean?"

"You never say my full name unless I've said something wrong."

I stared at him and then laughed a little, looking down and shaking my head. "Its nothing like that..I just..need to tell you something important.." I walked over to the couch and sat down, he studied me for a split second before nodding and following.

He sat beside me and turned towards me-staring. I looked down and tugged at my finger's, suddenly growing nervous. I didn't know what Kaiden's reaction to be. I just wanted to rant to him about the situation. I was scared that the confession would ruin our friendship, even if York said it wouldn't. I had felt like Kaiden needed to know also-it was York we're talking about, and maybe, just maybe, Kaiden would give me advice if it really did mess things up.

"Oh..alright, go ahead." Kaiden said wearily, I seemed to have grabbed his full attention as I spoke.

I rubbed the back of my neck before I slowly began. "Today...York..." I had to stop for a moment, trying to find the right words was harder then it seems. "Today York confessed to liking me Kaiden." I blurted out. "And I told him I hadn't liked him that way, which is true..I only love you..But I'm scared love. I dont want this type of thing to ruin our friendship." I whispered softly, staring at the ground.

Kaiden went quiet-I was too scared to see what his expression was. But I quickly gained courage after a few seconds and glanced up at him quickly. He was staring at the ground, seeming focused on something, a frown on his face. I watched Kaiden, wondering what he was thinking about since he had looked so upset.