Chapter 1

It had only been a few months ago that the final battle had come to an end. Still fresh in everyone's mind as it was; now was a time to rebuild and come to some form of normalcy once more. Although Voldemort had been defeated, there were still some of his most loyal death eaters who refused to let him down and took it upon themselves to carry out his plans. Lucius Malfoy was one of them; in fact, he was the leader of the rest of them.

At the end of the final battle when he realized how thankful he was that his life had been spared; he also realized how he felt embarrassed and made a fool of. Soon after, when the Malfoys returned to the manor, he immediately went back to his old ways, realizing that he could never live in a world in which he shared it with Mudbloods, Muggles, and blood traitors. This infuriated him more than anything and soon an evil so great filled him and he became feared by many.

He took pity on nobody, not even his own family because in his eyes everyone lived to serve him. Sure, he was thankful his wife and son were alive, but Lucius truly only cared about himself and how much power he could have over people. Now that Voldemort was dead and Lucius had been his right-hand man; he knew he could manipulate the remaining death eaters to work under him and they did.

Lucius was a lot more powerful than the remaining death eaters and had become even more powerful after learning first hand from the Dark Lord himself which gave him quite an advantage. Some death eaters were even calling Lucius the new Dark Lord and would rant about the streets saying how the Dark Lord has risen again. As much as the world seemed to have been getting back to normal, nobody was aware of the evilness that was to come; that dark days would soon be upon them again. Right now there had only been the occasional attack on some Muggles, but there was something in the air; something that made your hair stand up; a sense that something bad was coming.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hogwarts was finally open again to the students and the New Year was just getting ready to begin. It had only been since the end of last year that the battle was raging throughout the school and across its grounds; even the forbidden forest had its share of violence strewn across it. The darkness that seemed to hang around the school seemed to start lifting as it started being prepped for the arrival of students again. It was agreed that Harry, Ron, and Hermione would return to Hogwarts to finish their seventh year as they weren't able to last year. Ginny would be in her Seventh year with them since she had just about completed her sixth year when the battle broke out. She was very advanced anyway in all her subjects so it was fitting that she just started off in her seventh year. She was thrilled at the idea of sharing classes with the trio and she was so glad that they had the opportunity to actually graduate from Hogwarts.

Some of the other seventh years from last year didn't come back like Neville Longbottom, Dean Thomas or even Seamus Finnigan. They, like Ginny, had almost completed their seventh year before the battle broke out and they had received their graduation awards through owl. In fact, Ginny had heard from her father at the Ministry that there may not be many students at Hogwarts at all this year. Many parents still feared to send their children to the school, even though Voldemort had been defeated. Knowing there was still active Death Eaters out there made it hard for many parents to trust that the Wizarding School was the safest place to send their kids to......no matter how many protective wards were put up.

Ginny was anxious to get back to school, it had been very hard this summer at the Burrow. First, there were all the repairs that had to get done to their small home after the death eater attack they faced last year. Then there was the fact that they were dealing with the death of Fred. Percy didn't live at home anymore and Charlie and Bill had lives of their own, so it was just Ginny, Ron, George and her parents left at the Burrow. Things weren't the same at all, there was just sadness and Ginny knew that Fred wouldn't want them to stop living their lives after his death, especially George, but Ginny had a hard time accepting this.