Chapter 23

The next two months went by in a blur and soon Ginny found herself five months pregnant. She was in better spirits these days and with the beautiful spring weather that April brought she found herself on the porch swing a lot. Kingsley had visited another few times to keep them posted, but they hadn't seen him in about three weeks now. The last update they had gotten was about how George broke a rib or two and that Neville was hit with a pretty intense Cruciatus curse. As horrible as the news was to hear of their battle wounds; just hearing that they were all alive still, brought a smile to all of their faces.

Ginny couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement, she remembered Kingsley saying that after these other two months went by that he would have the guys come home until they were needed again. She knew it was just a matter of time before she saw Draco walking towards her through that grassy field in the front.

"Ok Ginny dear, here are the booties I've finished." Her Mom came out holding a bunch of different ones in her hands. "I have two sets of pink and then two sets of blue this way we are prepared for two boys or two girls......or one boy one girl." she finished with a smile.

Ginny took the booties from her Mom and a bright smile spread across her face. "Thanks Mom, they are adorable."

"Of course, sweetheart....now are you sure you don't want Madame Pomfrey to tell you what you're having? Would help with some preparations you know?"

"No, Mom, I want it to be a surprise and besides, Draco has missed out on everything, he still doesn't even know we're having twins. Soooooo.......since he seems to be getting constantly surprised I think it's only fair I'll be the one surprised this time."

"Ugh, that's my Ginny, always doing things the hard way I see." Mrs. Weasley said taking a seat beside her.

"Did Narcissa ever get the hang of it?" Ginny giggled.

"Let's just say she's not going to be making any baby clothes anytime soon." Mrs. Weasley sighed.

"I heard that." came Narcissa's voice as she joined them on the porch. "I'm going to make something one day......mark my words." she smirked putting on a giant summer hat and a pair of sunglasses and taking a seat near them.

Ginny and Mrs. Weasley gave a snicker and Narcissa looked at them.

"I will..... you'll see." she said.

They all sat there giggling for a bit more than Ginny spoke up.

"Does it hurt that bad."

"Does what hurt dear?" Molly asked.

"You know.......childbirth? I mean I've heard it's pretty intense, but how bad?"

Molly looked over to Narcissa, who had a surprised look on her face and then she shook her head to show she wouldn't be the one to break that news to Ginny. "I'll let your Mother handle that question," she said.

"Uh sweety you want me to be honest right?" Molly asked.

"Well of course I want you to be honest." she laughed.

"Well then it's rather a great deal of pain for sure and-"

"It's fucking painful is what it is. Sorry Molly, but let's not sugarcoat things. It's one of the most painful things you'll ever go through and I only gave birth to one child, I can't even imagine how your Mother had so many." Narcissa cut in.

"How helpful you were with that." Molly drawled throwing her a look.

"It's ok Mom, it's better to be blunt, I suppose." Ginny said letting out a nervous breath.