Chapter 33

That night, Draco had started to stir in his sleep when the sound of rain hitting the window woke him up. His eyes finally snapped open when the sound of thunder roared and a flash of lightning lit up the room. He went to wrap his arms around Ginny when he felt she wasn't beside him and he sat up and noticed she wasn't in the room at all. He slipped out of bed and took a quick peek into the crib to see both babies sound asleep. He walked over to the window to take a quick look at the nasty thunderstorm outside and watched another flash of lightning illuminate the entire night sky outside. He was getting ready to go see where Ginny was when he saw red from the corner of his eye.

He turned back towards the window and there, sitting on top of the hood of Malini's car outside was Ginny. She was hugging her knees to her chest and had her face buried in them as the rain fell on her and thunder and lightning danced all around her.

"What the hell Ginny" Draco mumbled to himself, grabbing a jacket and his wand, then throwing on his shoes.

He quickly made his way downstairs and out the back door; pulling up the hood of his jacket. He made his way over to Ginny and stood there watching her for a moment; she was completely soaked in her pajamas and she had no shoes on and it looked like she was crying.

"Ginny-" he stopped, when he noticed she was holding a knife in her other hand.

He thought about his next words carefully and then took a few more steps closer to her. She lifted her head to him; her face was pale and her eyes as black as he had ever seen before.

"Ginny, what are you doing out here?"

"Help..... me...... I don't know what's wrong with me." she said in a small voice.

He closed the distance between them and reached his hands out to pull her down from the car and he stopped when he saw there was blood all over her clothes. He soon found the blood was her own, her arms were cut up and the rain had washed away most of it from her skin already. Draco didn't even have words at this point he just suddenly snatched her down from the car and quickly carried her back into the house. He set her down at the kitchen table and then ran to the bathroom to grab a few towels and wrapped one around her shoulders and then used the other to put pressure on her cuts.

"Ginny, look at me." She didn't look up at him, instead she looked all around her as if she was looking for someone. "GINNY!" he shouted, grabbing her face to look at him. "Who's in there with you?" he whispered to her, looking deep into her cold black eyes.

She stared at him and she gave him a sadistic smile making a shiver run down his spine.

He grabbed her arms tightly and gave a her a rough shake. "GINNY!"

The smile on her face slowly faded and she turned her head slightly towards the drawer near the back door. "In....there," she choked out.

He quickly ran over to the drawer and ripped it open and there was the letter she received; the paper was blank, but he saw her name on the front of it.

"What is this Ginny?"

"I got it last night..... and when I opened it..... things happened." she said, looking at the floor and letting the tears fall down her face.

"What things Ginny? And why the hell would you open this without consulting McGonagall first!" he said angrily.

She didn't say anything, she just sat there with her head down and stared off into space. Draco let out a mixed sigh of frustration and panic.

"Is everything ok?" came Hermione's voice from the stairwell.

Draco looked at her and then to Ginny, "Get everyone up and down here now."