Chapter 9: Awakening

"Woohhh.. Im done for today"

I groaned tiredly as I stretched my arms.

After i read the instructions on how to forcibly awaken your mana, i found out that its very difficult. That's why understood why no one had done this before.

This was a theory that was tested but not got fully completed.

But because of my easy understanding and the memories of my past life, i can easily say that its a piece of cake.

I thought proudly.

'Concentration'

It sounds easy but it's not. Concentrating means being not distracted by anything. Even the little sounds of birds or your own slight movements. It could take hours or even days to fully perfect concentration.

But fortunately for me, I've already done this. Even in my past life or now.

Its a training i do by myself, I also do sword training and body training.

Luckily no one noticed yet, as it will be weird to see a four years old to do this. Regardless, i need to be strong.

Going back to the topic, you can tell that you perfected your concentration if you can feel your mind being crystal clear. You can feel everything that surrounding you and their every moment.

That's when you try and concentrate in your body. Search your insides and try to find your mana core.

Even though it is already stated that the mana core is close to the heart, knowing where it is from the outside and knowing where it is using your senses, are completely different.

You will also have to visualize all the things that you sense. This is of course because you have to close your eyes.

Then when you find you mana core, you have to feel it, or rather activate it. When you've finished this, you now have to search all of the insides of your body, as you have to find every mana inside your body.

They are in a form of little lights scattered inside your body. Find every single one and bring it to your mana core.

This can take months or even years. That's why most people rely on time. They will surely awaken, wether late or early. It just depends wether you succeed or not.

Ive been doing this for a week. Every time i have free times on my hands, which is quite often, I'd gather my mana and place it to my mana core.

All is easy on me but i get a bit anxious. The awakening part, as they say it's very painful. In additional, i didn't want my awakening in the age of four, gather the attention of the empire. I rather not make it known.

'Haaaa...' i sighed inwardly

Then i remember what happened last time at the library and immediately dropped my thoughts.

'That was too embarrassing'

****************************************

It was late at night.

I just finished my training and I'm heading back to my room stealthily.

Once i entered, i quickly changed my clothes and washed my face. I sat down on my bed and started concentrating when suddenly my heart throb painfully.

"Arghhh" she tried to keep it down when she suddenly groans but it was too painful.

'Wait. Am i awakening right now? I knew i was close to being done but I didn't know that i would finish it in two weeks and half'

"Hnngg ..... gahhh"

It was too painful, too painful.

Tears started running down on my cheeks as I gritted my teeth.

I silently cried with the overbearing pain spread through out my body, it was Ike my insides were on a blazing hot fire, that continues to burn my body at the same time twisting it.

I wetted my pillows with tears and crumpled my bed sheets and blanket

I endured it all night.

The next morning, the awakening finished and I felt the mana continuously flowing through my entire body but as a result I had a really high fever. Her body couldn't handle the pain yet.

As a result, the whole duchy was thrown into chaos the very first morning.

******************************************

Hahahahaaha you still kept surprising me!

Next time I'll surely meet you, Scarlet, the holder of the crimson eyes.

I suddenly woke up from my dream.

Confusion arises on me but before I can think of any questions I already forgot what I dreamt.

Huh?

That's weird. I'm not the one to get on guard just because of a dream.

What was it again? I forgot....

Then she looked at her body. She could still feel the lingering pain from before.

My eyes then caught a transparent screen in front of me.

Loading 98%...99%....100%

Awakening completed

System downloaded .

Hello master.

A monotone voice sounded in my head.

"Huh?"

Da heck? What's happening?