Chapter 14: Rumours

"Hey, Did you hear?"

"Do you mean about the young lady of the Duchy of De Venice?"

"Yeah. I heard even though she's only 5 years old, she helped the duke with the affairs of the managements of the Duchy and surprisingly everything became successful."

"Yeah, I also heard! It was also said that the duke bragged about it and gave the young lady excessive rewards"

The ladies gossiping while holding their fans as they fan it to cover their mouths.

"That's Probably why it was said she was spoiled....and to celebrate her birthday privately and not at the imperial ball, she must be quite shy ohoho~"

It's obvious that by using the word 'shy' she blatantly told that the young lady of De Venice has something to be ashamed of.

"That's right, we can't do anything when a child grew up to have such behaviors"

They grinned as they continued to gossip. Yapping their mouths against a 5 year old child.

'tsk, How pathetic'

Just from the side, a boy who looks like a noble with beautiful features, was standing near the door preparing to go out.

Even though he looks like a noble who about is 6 or 7 years old, there wasn't even a single attendant with him.

As he opened the door to exit the shop, the sunlight greeted him and hit his silky blue-ish hair.

His eyes was a beautiful clear silver eyes, which shone brighter as it reflected everything. Long eyelashes gently swaying as he blink his eyes. Sharp jawline with a high nose. A perfect face yet shows annoyance at everything.

He lifted his hood to cover his face and quietly exited the shop.

'Gossiping non-stop against a child just to feel better about their lives, utterly pathetic' he sighed.

It was no time to worry about others. He already has piles of problems on his own. Just thinking about it makes his head hurts.

As he walked out, someone passed him and he immediately paused and thought,

'a fairy?'

A girl holding her parasol covering her face slowly showed as she lifted her parasol.

As if she came out straight out of one of those fairytales.

(Sorry, I got lazy when it came to the clothes and background)

Beautiful snowy hair that seems almost transparent was braided beautifully down to her waist

Beautiful snowy hair that seems almost transparent was braided beautifully down to her waist. Her large round red ruby eyes that shines even it's in a shade and her fluttering white long eyelashes that shadows her eyes beautifully. White soft jade skin that almost reflects everything around it. Natural cherry lips and plumped baby cheeks. Her lips drawing a beautiful line as she looks around.

Besides there was also beautiful woman who could be assumed as her-

"Mother! Why don't we try that shop, i want to look for a handkerchief" she pointed at the shop which was quite famous these days.

"Sure, is it your chosen gift?"

"I'm not sure yet but I wanna see"

They leisurely walked to the shop while continuing their conversation.

The boy still in dazed, blinked his eyes.

'Red eyes?'

Those beautiful yet mysterious clear ruby eyes, as if he would slowly got sucked in it if he's not careful. Her appearance alone was deadly, yet he noticed how graceful the little girl walk despite her age.

'Young Lady Zurine Scarlett De Venice'

Who would have expect that all the rumors would have been all a joke.

The way she act and spoke was truly the opposite of those rumors.

He expected at least one of it is true, as she was indeed was treasured in the her household. But he could tell, that there was something more to her. A gut feeling.

Well it doesn't really concerns him so he continued on his way.

********************************

Lately I've been reading books about herbs and medicine.

Their medical technology was very lacking but with the help of holy powers and it sufficed just right.

They don't have things such as surgeries or any technology to diagnose a person internal problems. They mostly rely on symptoms and heal them right away using holy powers or herbs.

Even though they're still lacking in terms of technology, they have different kinds of plants that never existed in the modern times.

Each plants having different effects and wonders.

They were fascinating yet also quite the trouble.

People would go nuts to some plants, the high the rarity is, the powerful its effect is. Plus the overwhelming income that would follow.

I've been studying different kinds of herbs just because they're pretty to look at and how intriguing they are.

But lately, they were some holes in these informations and I tried experimenting with some herbs to satisfy my curiosity.

I first tested it on some low grade herbs and next some mid lower herbs.

'As I thought, although the effects were unnoticeable there were still some changes.'

This powerful and mystical plants is also just like any other plants that have different effects when used in another way.

People usually use the plants leaves and branches while I tried and using its roots and seeds.

I also tried what would happen if it'd failed to bloom or it began to wither and....