Chapter 15: The Arboremere Accident

Scarlet frowned.

When the plant withered, it didn't have noticeable changes, wether on the flower or it's surrounding.

The problem was it didn't have any NOTICEABLE changes.

The roots began to spread out and was quickly cut off from the plant and it began to melt. Other than that nothing else changed.

That is until she inspected the soil to be used to another plant. The soil was heavily damaged.

Although the soil look fine and healthy, it's different somehow.

Having the system helped her and her experiments, she figured out that the soil was poisonous to the plants.

The problem was, instead of withering, the plants absorbs poison, making it toxic.

It gave off an ominous feeling to scarlet. The plants, the current problem in their northern fief and the soil.

Their northern fief  is currently under a pandemic. Research is being conducted in what at where the disease came from.

And at the same time their northern fief is where their 'Mostella flower' is being taken care of.

Mostella flower is a flower that only grows and blooms under cold weather and environment, making it hard for it to grow and the process at least take about 4-6 months to grow but the efforts are worth it since Mostella flower is often used in Alchemy.

The Duchy of De Venice is currently in contract with the alchemist tower  for exchanging goods.

This will be a huge damage on their fief if what scarlet is thinking is correct.

She needed to meet someone.

-----------------

"Sophie!"

"How are you, Red?"

Scarlet slowly walked towards the person who called her.

There was one time that she entered the Arboremere Forest while she was slaying monster. Although she was still sneaking around Arboremere Forest because she isn't at the level where she can attack those high grade monster inside the forest, she came across a group of people that are injured.

"Who would be stupid enough to enter the forest itself?"

I quietly whispered myself.

I put pressure on my feet using my wind attribute and shot up in the sky and hurriedly grab the long and branch of a tree.

I quietly observed them, seeing that their formation, even injured, is in defensive and "protect" mode, means that they didn't come here to slay monster. They're here looking for something.

They looked around, eyeing for any monster to come at them. Their hard breathes can be heard yet there still composed, I'm amazed.

It was when I was about to get some healing potions to give them and hurriedly get out of here because I don't want to be involved, a quiet yet an eerie voice filled the air.

"I know someone's there..... Come out"
A voice that is serene yet can make a chill ran down your spine. A robed person with a black face mask started coming forward.

I got goosebumps.

"W-what?"

"But I didn't sense anything until now? Did they send someone to for us!?

"Shit!"

Confusion and panic filled the eyes of the people accompanying the robed person.

As the robed person continue to look around, he slowly looked at the direction where I'm at.

'wow! He found me! Even though I trained hard, he spotted my presence.'

I sighed.

I just can't leave wounded people after all, well my reason was, why such a strong individuals came here, even though it's dangerous and came looking for something.

I raised my hand and the wind surrounded me as I commanded them. I got off the tree and made a smooth landing.

"Hello. What a beautiful evening, isn't?"

My sarcastic side was showing as I grin, of course I changed my appearance using the darkness attribute but I can't change my voice, as this power only deceives the eyes not the ears so I tried deepening my voice a little bit.

"Ha. Beautiful my ass, stop it with the complimentary, who are you? Seeing that you came down, all confidently, you must be strong. But if you're looking down at us just because of our few scratches then prepare to die."

He threateningly said.

"Whatever do you mean?" I tilted my head.

I slowly raised my hand showing what I was holding.

It was a mana healing potion.

"I'll get straight to the point here. I don't know care what and how you came here and who you guys are but let me ask this question, what are you looking for?"

"Ha! Are you crazy?" He snorted.

I grinned. Earlier even though it wouldn't be noticeable, that robed person came forward to not scare but instead protect it's subordinate.

"You know, the Arboremere Forest is filled with different types of monster and half of them are poisonous, right?"

I continued.

"Meaning they made their nests here, also affecting it's surrounding. The air here is toxic but not harmful except for those people behind you who have their wounds open for the poisonous air, ready to enter. Leading them to having a painful death"

I explained while playing with the mana healing potion.

"Fuck" he muttered realizing that I noticed that he cared about he's subordinates.

"I'll also help you get out of here, I know a path that isn't covered with monsters"

'ive been here many times after all' I thought.

"Then can you at least tell me who you are" the robed person worriedly asked. He might have entered a lion's after accidentally entering a tiger's den.

"Sir, you're not a position to ask so" she said.

'She's right, she's saving us and healing us and we just have to tell her what were looking for but the client will- no! Our safety and my subordinates comes first after that I'll think about it later.'

Making up his mind.

"It looks like you made up your mind. Here"

I tossed two mama potions.

"Tell me in the way, and Im not giving you enough mana potions tho, in case you ran away."

".......yes"

'what a scary person' he thought.