The Captain of the Black Bulls

"say kid" yami says looking at asta after hearing his dream of becoming magic knight , "what if i told you that i could train you and make you dream come true?"

Asta looks up in disbelief, "You would really?" asta says as tears roll down his eyes. "I never thought that my dream would come true, i never even thought i would be noticed by such a great mage , everyone in this town looks down on me except sister lily and father, i want to be able to prove them wrong!" he yells.

Yami thinks to himself what he should do next, " i have found the kid , should i take him in to monitor him and train him or should i leave him here if he really has no magical power." Yami finally thinks of a way that would prove what he should do.

"Hey kid, if you can land one hit on me, i'll bring you with me and train you" Yami tells asta "I won't attack you but i will use my magic to get away and evade you, this is a taste of what becoming a magic knight is going to be like , and you will have to work 10x harder then anyone if you want to become a good one since you have no magic."

"YES YAMI SIR!" Asta proudly says as he takes a stance. "I have the advantage , i have been training in these woods for years at this point , i can find a way to hit him!" asta thinks to himself

"1, 2, AND START" Yami exclaims as asta hops onto a rock and lunges at Yami, "Got you!" he proudly says but is shocked as he lands face first onto the dirt floor.

"You didn't think it would be this easy kid?" Yami laughs as he walks around without a care in the world as asta gets up and runs at him, he lunges forward only to be met by a side step and a duck by yami.

"This is way harder then i thought! No wonder he's a captain!" asta tells himself praising yami for his skill , even if it was against a magic less kid.

asta had one more idea, he got a giant rock, weighting at least 400 pounds and used every muscle fiber in his body to lift it up and throw it, doing this cause him to tear his biceps in both arms and make them useless.

The rock was coming at yami surprisingly quick. "for a kid he's instantly strong , especially if he was chucking boulders around this easily" Yami tells himself.

"DARK MAGIC , LIGHTLESS SLASH!" yami yells as he cuts the rock perfectly in two, "Cmon kid that's not all you got do you?" he yells but is surprised when he hears leaves rustling behind him as asta appears! Using the last of his power he pours it into his legs as he lunges himself at yami one last time. "The boulder was a distraction to take my attention off him? this kid has some potential , but...." yami says as he uses jumps back leaving asta to fall and touch nothing , leaving him there on the floor in a mess.

"A good last minute plan, but what we're you gonna do if i was gonna come at you with the intent to kill, what would you if that failed and you couldn't follow it up, would you just sit there and let yourself die?" yami tells asta , who's laying on the floor thinking what he should do.

"DO YOU WANT THIS? TRY HARDER ! I KNOW YOU HAVE MORE IN YOU! SURPASS YOUR LIMITS!"

"finally, you have awakened"

With those words , something changed in asta, asta shoots up immediately, a black, cold aura starts coming off of him and his arms start to repair themselves. "I CANT LOSE , I WILL NOT LOSE!" he proudly exclaims

"what is this cold magic? is this the work of lucifero or of his own?" yami questions himself

As he's thinking , asta shoots himself at yami, the ground breaking from the takeoff and asta moves at incredible speed towards yami, it's truly incredible how asta has changed from a kid with no magic to one who even yami is to be weary of.

BOOM! the ground shakes from a kick asta took at yami , even with him blocking it, it's force sends a miniature shockwave across the forest blowing off the leaves off of trees and even knocking some down completely.

"amazing" asta tells himself as he looks at the aura and this feeling of power he has. Yami is still shocked after the powerup asta seemed to get as he told him to go beyond his limits

just then , a portal opened behind them, a black portal.

"Get behind me kid!" yami shouts as he grabs the collar of his shirt and throws him back as yami takes out his sword and gets into a fighting position.

A black hand reaches out of the portal, another one reaches out and it uses the edges of the portal to lift himself up out of there, a black , short figure with horns and red markings on its face gets out of the portal.

"Who are you?" yami asks the devil, still on guard due to not knowing who or what this devil wants.

"You" the figure says , looking at asta, the figure takes out a grimiore, a 5 leaf grimore. "You must be the kid i've heard about, this is your destiny, you will understand soon, i ask that you carry this wherever you go and use it to its fullest potential, i finally got to see you awaken and now it's time for you to finally get a grip on my power." the figure says as he starts to combine with the grimore.

"Wait, what are you doing??" asta asks worriedly as he does not know what's going on and what he meant by those words

it is too late as the grimore lands on the ground, but it then lifts up off the ground into the air and floats to asta.

"is this, mine?" asta asks , still confused on what had happened

"this isn't good, that devil just offered itself to asta and we don't understand his motives or what he's going to do next" yami tells himself. "i must take him back to the capital and to julius."

"Hey kid, now that you were able to hit me, well that along with a devil appearing and merging with a grimore then going to you i think it's safe to say you can come along with me now."

in this confusion he forgot about him actually being able to touch Yami. "YESSSS, NOW IM ONE STEP CLOSER TO BECOMING A MAGIC KNIG-" asta closes off by passing out. ". yami picks up the kid and chuckles.

"You sure are going to be a handful kid." yami finshes off as he takes asta and starts making his way to the royal capital.

time skip a day - unknown location.

"HE WHAT?" a voice is heard saying , clearly pissed at what he just heard

"a spy has confirmed that asta is no longer at the village sir, it appears he had left due to some circumstances that we are not aware of" the mage says in fear as he can feel the mana flowing off of the man he was speaking too.

"GOD DAMMIT!" he yells as he slams his fist down onto his table as it shatters in half

"this is not good" he tells himself , "if he finds out about this , this will be big trouble" the man says turning around into view of his face

short black hair, a familiar bored look on his face , with a jacket on with the spade kingdom logo on his back.

"what shall we do zenon sir?" the mage asks the frustrated zenon as he looks out the window into the hell that is the spade kingdom.

"This war with the diamond kingdom is fully occupying us right now, finish off these rats and we'll have to go find the boy, don't tell dante." zenon finish's off giving a look of hatred to the poor mage

"ye- yes sir!!" he exclaims as he walks away shaken up.

"now asta, where have you gone?" zenon says while leaving the palace to go join the fighting in the kingdom.

so that's where we'll leave off today, or for now as i'm not sure of a upload schedule. i faintly have an idea of what i want to do but i may alter it depending on how i feel. anyways thanks for reading and i hope you have a wonderful day!