||Chapter Three||

Stomach and taste buds happy from lunch, you walked back to your bar, a little pep in your step from seeing your friends.

"Hey (Y/n) here's this week's delivery." The delivery guy said as you walked up to the door.
"Ah right. Thanks Thomas. I'll open the door so we can bring it in." You said, keys jingling as you fit them into the lock. The two of you moved mixed of alcohol from the truck, inside.

"Alright thanks Thomas! Have a good day and stop by for a drink sometime soon." You waved him off with a smile.

"Will do (Y/n). See ya." He drive off. With a sigh, you turned back to the boxes to start unpacking everything.
By the time you were done with that, it was four-thirty pm. Half an hour from opening time. You sighed and sat down on a sofa, scrolling through your phone.

Thirty minutes later, your phone chimed with the reminder that it was time to open up. You sighed, straightened you clothes before fixing a smile on your face and flipping the sigh to read 'Open!". A few people walked in, most likely the lucky bastards who got off work early.

"Hey (Y/n)! How's yer family?" A familiar ginger said, already on his second beer.
"I don't know Hannes. I honestly couldn't care less." You sighed, pouring a martini for a woman four stools down.
"Ya know... you should probably get back in touch with them. It's almost Thanksgiving." Hannes said. You rolled your eyes and ignored him, handing the drink to the lady with a small smile.

"Yeah. Carla has been pestering me to come home." You mutter, taking a sip of rum.
"Now, now don't be like that (Y/n). Yer mother is a very fine woman. Very fine indeed." You wrinkled your nose at his comment, and focused on collecting money for a while.

"Hey Pyxis. How's it going sir?" You ask the drunk man sprawled on a couch.
"Ohoho! If it isn't my favourite kid. How's it going peanut?" He looked up at you with a drunken smile to which you returned with no hesitation.

"I'm alright sir, you?" You ask, replacing his empty drink with a full one. "You shouldn't drink so much. You're getting old and hangovers exist."

"Don't worry about me, I'm just dandy love. Besides I haven't had a hangover in years." He chortles, proud of his achievement.

"Well I do suppose you'd have to stop drinking to get a hangover." You replied with a smirk.

"Damn straight kiddo." He cackled. "Now run along and make some more money. And if you're going home for thanksgiving, tell Eren I said hi. I haven't seen that bugger in a while." He ramble on, so you smiled and politely excused yourself. Not watching where you were going, you walked straight into someone.

"I'm sorry, are you alright?" Arms wrapped around you, securing you so you stood upright. You looked up to see the face of your best friend. "Oh (Y/n)! Come serve me some drinks." He said with a smile, holding your hand and leading you to the counter. You blushed at the contact but missed it as soon as you let go to stand on the other side.

"What's it gonna be tonight, Colt?" You asked with a smile. He hummed and tapped his chin.
"Hmm... I feel like something sweet and fruity." He murmured, still deep in thought.

"Good day at work then?" You asked as you prepared shots for a pair of men at a table. He shouted his reply as you walked over to them.
"Yeah! Zeke's been getting me more involved."
You flinched at your brother's name, but forced a smile.
"That's great Colt. How do you feel about a Sangria? I have some prepared already so it saves me the trouble." You suggested.

"That sounds great (N/n)." He smiled at you. "But only let me have one. I'm hanging out with Falco tomorrow and I don't want a hangover." He said as you poured the drink and added the garnishes of mint and orange. You slid it over to him after taking a sip of it yourself.

"Bloody hell you're good." He spoke into the glass. You laughed at his response.
"I sure hope I am. Classes aren't free." You said.

The night wore on, and Colt slowly finished his drink, dragging it out for as long as he could. With adoring eyes, he watched as you served everyone with a smile and how you interacted with people.

You weren't really a people person, and as much as you complained about your job, he knew you loved it. Everyone seemed to know you and respect you. And so he sat and watched you.

Until a hand slapped him on the back.

"Well that's a lovesick gaze if I ever saw one." Colt looked up at the owner of the hand.

"Marcel! Porco! Hey how are you guys?" Colt got up and gave the two men pats on the backs. You, from across the room heard the two names and came running over.

"Marce! Pock!" You smiled and hugged them.

"Hey mouse, how are you?" Marcel asked ruffling your hair. You narrowed your eyes at him.
"Haha what's with that nickname idiot?" Porco shoved his brother. "Hey (Y/n)" he turned to you and offered you rare smile.

"I'm good! I haven't seen you two in forever! What can I get you guys?" You fixed your apron quickly and smoothed your ruffled hair.

"We're good. We saw Colt and decided to stop by." Porco replied, turning to talk to the blonde.

"We're on our way to our parent's place for dinner." Marcel elaborated. You smiled and nodded in understanding.
"You guys should stop by for a drink sometime though. It's been a while." You said. The two of you continued to converse, unaware of the awkward conversation happening just beside you.

"Well Jesus Christ Colt. You're still in love with her." Porco shook his head.
"W-what? No?" Colt stammered, trying to stay cool while casting glances at you to make sure you weren't listening.

"Dude. You've liked her since high school. You're in love with her now. I saw the way you looked at her." Porco rolled his eyes. "It was kinda creepy."

Colt looked a little ashamed. "Love is such a strong word. But yeah. I guess I do still have feelings for her." He murmured.

"Good luck with that. Especially with her brothers. Dumb blonde ape and whatever the hell that other devil spawn was." Porco said with a grimace. Colt laughed nervously.

"Alright guys, we'll hang out sometime soon." Marcel said goodbye, dragging his younger brother with him.

"Bye!" You and Colt called after them.

It was around nine when you forced Colt to go home.

"You're not drinking anymore and you need to sleep. Stay hydrated and goodnight!" You pushed him out the door. He laughed.

"Okay, okay if you want me gone that bad. See you! And thanks for looking after me on Wednesday!" He gave you a hug before walking off into the night.

You stood there for a moment, flushed cheeks and an idiot grin stretched across your face. You snapped out of it and went back to work.