||Chapter Fourteen||

"When are you gonna confess to (Y/n)?" Colt's little brother's words attacked him.

"Huh?"

"Man up and tell her. I love you and all bro but two of you have to stop dancing around your feelings." Falco sighed, flicking a piece of popcorn onto his brother. Colt sighed. He hated that his little brother was so much more experienced in that aspect.

"Okay. Maybe I will." Colt muttered to himself, picking up the piece of popcorn off his shirt and ate it.

"Finally. Who knows, maybe I might actually get to be an uncle." Falco raised his hands up to the sky. "Thank you lord for this miracle."

Colt scowled as he stood up, dusting himself off before bolting to the shower.

"What are you doing?" Falco called after him.

"I'm getting ready to go visit (Y/n)!"

And he did.

.

.

.

About an hour later, he stood nervously, fiddling with the cuffs of his white button up that he wore under a pale blue sweater. He pulled himself together and with determination, he knocked on the door.

As the door opened, he kept his eyes trained on the ground.

"(Y/n)! I know we've known each other forever and I think that's why I've had the opportunity to fall in love with you-!" He finally looked up to see the smirking face of Zeke Yeager. His boss. Your brother.

"Sir!" Colt squeaked, face flushing a violent pink. Zeke held a hand to his face in a halfhearted attempt to muffle his cackles.

"Jesus Colt! I can't with you. Come on in." Zeke laughed, shaking his head. Colt was rooted to the floor with embarrassment as his cheeks tinged pink. And to make things even better for the young man, you walked into view.

"Zeke! Why are you tormenting Colt again!" You poked your older brother in his ribs and reached out to Colt.

"Ouch! He brought it upon himself!" Zeke whined as you pushed him aside and pulled Colt in.

"How are you?" You smile at Colt, leading him to the kitchen. "Want a cup of tea? Coffee?"

"Yeah a coffee could be nice." Colt stammered out. You hummed with a smile you reserved just for him before setting about you make him a coffee just how he liked it.

"So... you gonna try again?" Zeke snickered as he whispered to Colt. The males face burned up again as he began choking on air.

"You okay?" You fretted, leaning over the kitchen counter to hand him some water and to pat his back. This only  made it worse as his heart fluttered.

"Yeah I'm good!" He choked out, a bit louder than he intended. Zeke snickered from the couch.

"Okay... so uh what are you here for?" You asked as you finished up his coffee and handed it too him as you stirred in a sugar.

"Thanks. Um I was here because I wanted to tell you... I really you know-!"

"Hey look at the time! We've gotta go get lunch!" Zeke slung an arm around Colt, effectively cutting him off. You paused looked down at your bare, watchless wrist and nodded.

"Yeah let's go. What were you saying Colt?" You picked up a coat and turned to him. He sighed and shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. I'll tell you another time." He sat his untouched coffee down and made a move to follow you out the door.

"Okay, well stay here and finish up your coffee." You smiled and tossed him a spare key to your apartment. "You can keep a hold of that." With that you walked out with your older brother, leaving Colt in the apartment. The man looked down at the coffee you had made him and smiled softly, cheeks a light pink as he took a sip.

"Perfect."