||Chapter Ten||

Thursday passed rather uneventfully.

Apart from the fact the you had gotten flat out drunk with Pyxis and Hannes, waking up on one of the sofas in the bar with a raging hangover.

Let's have a little rewind, shall we?

"Another bottle of ale here please peanut." Pyxis called out, cheeks pink and a goofy smile plastered on his face. It was just him and Hannes with a few other people around, so you decided to sit down with them after.

"How has your week been?" You asked the two. They looked at each other before laughing.

"Yeah it's been alright."
"But boring. It's real boring."

They answered. It honestly confused you how they were able to drink so much every night without: a) getting alcohol poisoning or getting like really sick, b) running out of money.

Cause as far as you knew, the two of them were unemployed.

Well, ex-military.

"What about you kid? Been on any dates recently?" Hannes slurred as Pyxis nodded along with him. You scoffed and rolled your eyes.

"I don't got time for that. I'm busy enough as it is!" You exclaimed, arms extended as you gestured to the bar.

"Yeah but you always make time for that blonde boy." Hannes snickered. You fought off your blush and looked at him with a scowl.

"He's always hanging around here." Pyxis looked at you suggestively. You rolled your eyes.

"And you aren't?" There was a small dosage of venom in your voice making the men look at each other.

"Calm down kid. We're just messing with you." Reassured Hannes.

"Yeah loosen up. Have a drink." Pyxis suggested, gesturing to the sofa. You looked around to see the bar empty except for the three of you. With a sigh, you sat down on the couch opposite to them, kicking the bottom of said couch with your foot to reveal a draw. You reached into the draw and pulled out a bottle of spirits. Pyxis and Hannes looked at each other.

"Ayo, what?"
"You saw that too right? I ain't that drunk."
"That was some like Harry Potter wizard crap right there damn."

You chuckled at them as they started kicking the sofa they were on to dry nod get a secret compartment to reveal itself.
"Hey don't break my furniture. I don't know if y'all will be able to pay for it." You warned them. "Actually how do you even get the money to drink?"

The two looked at each other.

"Where do you get the money from?" Hannes asked Pyxis, very confused.

"You haven't been paying?" Pyxis's eyes were wide open as he whispered. He cast a quick glance at you only to see you looking a little pissed.

"You guys haven't been paying?" You blinked slowly. The two of them gulped. "Oh my god imagine how much richer I would be if you had been. Y'all owe me at least a couple thousand." They looked at each other before Hannes spoke up.

"Now now, don't worry about that kid, kick your feet up and relax. Have a drink!" He emailed nervously and pushed the bottle you were holding to your chest. You narrowed your eyes before taking a swig, the liquid burning in a welcome way on its way down.
.
.
.
An hour later you were getting your ass kicked by the two in blackjack. The two of them were cheating though, not that you were aware of it.

"What what the hell?" You squinted at the cards Pyxis had thrown down.
"You had those cards last time!"

"Can't handle your alcohol well?" Hannes asked smugly.

"I'm drunk, not stupid. Or high."

The two left like they did every other night; just barely being able to walk out the door. It was just passed midnight and they had just left you on the couch where you passed out.

Before leaving they cleaned up for you and left a bottle of water along with a stack of money next to the couch you were sleeping on.
.
.
.
The sunlight attack your eyes through your eyelids, piercing your skull. You groaned and rolled over, only to roll off the couch.

You cursed and groaned upon impact, you were sure that you would be sporting some new bruises from that by the end of the day. You got up and looked around, dreading the prospect of having to clean up for a moment before realising that it wasn't that messy. Your eyes fell on the envelope and water causing a smile to make it's way onto your face. Taking a sip of the water, you opened the envelope to find a good stack of bills lined up neatly.

That was a lot of money.

You smiled thinking about the two and planned to do something nice and out of character for them as a thank you gift.

Which lead to you going home to make brownies for the two. It was a Friday so you knew that the bar would be extremely busy and crowded so you made sure to drink a lot of water in helps of quieting the deafening roar of the hangover in your head. After making the brownies you made your way out of the apartment and to the bar, not before stopping into Levi's cafe.

It was about one in the afternoon when you were doing so, which mean he would be closing up soon. Perfect time to go bother him for a little.

"Yo, Levi!" You yelled, walking in holding multiple containers of brownies. You have made two batches, leaving you to make four lots to give away and a few to keep.

"What is it you boisterous brat?" He he snarled. You raised an eyebrow.

"Calm down pompous imp I have brownies." You say, holding up a container. He eyed it skeptically and looked to you.

"These aren't your... you know..?" He asked rather hesitantly to which you cackled.

"Nah, just normal ones today." He was visibly relieved at your reply. He took the container with a curt nod of thanks.

"Now off with you imbecile. Go to work."

"It's like one-thirty I have time. I'm not an uptight little man who sounds like he's from the eighteenth century." He replied to your comment with a smack upside your head, making you yelp and run to escape the angry gremlin.

"Go clean you lazy donkey." He called to you as you left his cafe. You stuck your tongue out and made a crude face while flipping him off.