Chapter 1

Lucas

"Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh" I heard Ren yelling. Being the overprotective brother I am, I rush towards her room that she shares with Lorraine. Just as I am about to climb up the stairs, two bodies rush past me into the kitchen.

Before I could react my dad, uncle and Vincent are rushing past me to check on the girls.

The scene I'm met with can only be described in 1 word: Chaos.

Ren is sprawled on the kitchen floor. Lorry is on the counter. Dad and Vincent are helping Lorry come down while Uncle Zozo is giving a hand to Ren.

And we being men, couldn't hold it in anymore and burst out laughing.

"Stop laughing." They screech at the same time. Well, no can do girls.

It took us 15 minutes to calm down which included ripping Lorry off the counter, making sure Ren has no more imaginary butter on her toes which was making her constantly slip.

"So, what was the commotion all about?" Vincent asked. The twins shared a look and then Ren started, "We were watching Conjuring 2. When the wardrobe scene came, we couldn't hold it anymore.".... "So we ran out" finished Lorraine.

"We told you to not watch it. You girls wanna show yourselves cool." Vincent snorted.

"Oh shut up" the girls retorted at the same time.

"Do us a favour and continue hosting tea parties and being pretty little princesses will ya?" I said just to annoy them.

But before the girls could give a comeback to what I said, Uncle Zozo abruptly got up from his seat and shouted, "We need to get to the hospital. Ren's arm is bleeding!".

When we all looked down, we started to panic. We rushed her to the car.

When we came out the door, I went to my car. But the girls weren't following. Turning back, I noticed each of us standing next to our cars. The girls have us a look

" We should take my car since it is the fastest ", dad said.

"Oh no! Not happening brother. The girls know it's safe to take my car", said Uncle Zozo.

"Just get in my car. The seats are super comfy you guys will practically wanna sleep your life in it.", said Vince.

Before I could say anything, we all heard, "Just get in the car!". We turned to see the girls sitting in the back seat of Aunt Val's car.

We all groaned and headed to the hospital. Once we reached there, the receptionist was checking us out. Since our dads were too busy so Vincent and I were smirking and winking in her direction.

We were brought out of it when we got smacked in our heads and released a bitter set of profanities.

"We need a doctor" screamed our dads. Suddenly a nurse came rushing towards us. "Hello, sir. I'm Nurse Evans. May I know the patient's age?" She asked.

She was not like the receptionist. She was looking at Lorry and Ren trying to figure out who the patient is and how old they are.

"Name: Rennie Santiago. Age:15. Her arm is bleeding. Do you need anything else?" Asked Zozo with irritation.

The nurse blushed when she saw Vincent and then replied, "No sir. Please follow me to the OP Ward."

She then led us to the room with all butterflies and unicorn with avengers and lego wallpapers. Looks like a room for kids.

"The patient can hop on the examination counter. I'll just check the wound and report back to the doc."

Ren hopped on the counter and showed her arm to the nurse. The nurse had a bored look on her face when she saw the wound. "Is this the 'arm bleeding' issue?" The nurse asked failing terribly at holding in her laughter.

The moment it got out her mouth all hell broke loose. Our dads started shouting for a doctor. I threatened to sue the hospital, even though it belongs to me.

She doesn't need to know that.

During all this commotion, Vincent was completely silent and ogling the nurse.

The nurse seemed to be on the verge of crying. Then Lorry butted in and asked her to get a doctor. The nurse wasted no time rushing out of the room.

We were waiting for what seemed to be years while Uncle Zozo and Vincent were arguing about something. Dad was grumbling about the tardiness of the hospital staff.

Then the door opened and my breath hitched at the beauty in front of me.

.VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.