Chapter 14

Joanne

How could she? I feel hurt and betrayed. This is not acceptable. After everything, we've been through and she decides to pull this shit on me.

I feel anger rising in me and I start walking towards them. My heels clicked in the silent hall making my presence known.

Both their body tensed. Good. Let them get anxious and nervous. I don't give two flying fucks for people who betray me.

His eyes snapped down to mine and I narrowed mine just to make myself even scarier if that was even possible.

"Daisy, I never thought you of all people would do this, Why?" I stated coldly.

It was then that she turned towards me and dared to wave her hand. The audacity?!

"Jo, I did this for you. You might not see it but I'm your friend. Your best friend. And I want you to be happy. Is that too much to ask? " she ranted.

"But this is not the way you do it. I appreciate your concern but, I'll deal with you later", I said.

I turned towards him. "Hand me, my baby, back. Now". My Nico was laying his head in his neck and snoring off.

"Listen, Jo-" he started.

"It's Dr Rodriguez to you Mr Santiago," I said.

He flinched slightly at my tone. "I can explain, but none of was Daisy's fault. Leave her out of this. Just let me explain".

"I don't want to hear another word out of you. You've done enough." I said. "Give me my son back and we'll be on our way,".

~•~

Lucas

I don't know what to do. I feel like I messed up everything. But this is not right. I need to make it up to her. I might not even get a chance again like this. So it is now or never. Today I'll make her mine.

"Daisy take Nico and stay in. I need to talk to-", I was cut off.

"Oh no, Mister. You will not be making rules here. Especially when it involves my son" she said sternly.

"Jo, there's a lot you don't know about me. I get that but-"

"Daisy come back here. Daisy!" she cut me off.

"I know you're mad bu-"

"Mad? Mad? Oh, I'm mad alright. I'm infuriated too!" she said raising her voice.

Fuck. She's hot when she's mad. Now I get why dad got all excited. I feel the urge to hold her in my arms and cuddle all day long and probably have some but I can wait.

"You take my son from me and keep him with you and God knows what else?!" she kept rambling. "What if h-".

Oh, fuck this. I cut off her rambling by sealing my lips over hers. Her lips were just like I imagined. Soft and tasted like strawberries.

She was shocked. I knew I signed my death certificate the moment my lips touched hers but she kept talking and I needed her to listen to me.

She didn't kiss me back as I expected. But after a few seconds, she kissed me back. And I got fucking butterflies. Damn me. This woman only does this to me. And well, it's not my first but it's the only one I'll want.

Our lips moved with passion. It was slow and beautiful. I wrapped my hands around her waist and closed the gap between us. Her delicate fingers wrapped around my neck and my girl was trying hard not to break our kiss from reaching as far as her adorable legs could take her.

I broke this kiss and looked into her eyes. And I knew I was whipped as hard as my boner in my pants. She looked up at me through her lashes with that doe-like eyes and gave me a small smile.

That one smile. And I was a goner. Can I be any more pussy whipped? But I don't give a fuck.

"So as I was saying. I'm sorry love but please. Let us try. I want you. I want that angel of a baby inside that room to be mine. I know what this is. But I won't startle you now. We can go slow if you want and -"

She cut off my ramble with another short and heartfelt kiss. She rested her forehead against mine for a long time and stared into my eyes. Searching for something.

"Okay, Lucas. One chance. Just please don't break our hearts." She whispered afraid of what the future holds for us.

"I would never do that. I promise you, love. You and Nico are safe with me. Just trust me." I whispered back, hoping to be of some sort of assurance.

She hummed and smiled at me again and fuck, these butterflies don't stop do they?

"I have to take Nico back. And probably explain certain stuff. But I see you're already bonding." She said giggling.

"Well, I just wanted to spend time and get to know him you know," I said sheepishly.

"Right, but I need to get going now. And also have my son back " she said.

"Not yours. Our son my love" she blushed at the endearment and smiled when I said our.

I knocked on the door and Daisy walked out with a sleepy Nico.

She stared at the two of us. Her eyes moved to my arms around her best friend's waist to her arms around my neck. She smirked.

"Fin-fucking-ally!!!" She screamed, startling Nico. He woke up groggily and reached out to his mama.

We both glared at her and she just smiled like nothing happened. Nico returned to sleep. 

.VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.