Chapter 10

Lucas

"I've got a feeling that our parents might have caught on to what we are doing Hermano" Vince mutters.

We have been sitting in my office looking over the documents our dads sent.

"¿Cómo se dice qu" [How do you say that?] I asked while signing the last file.

He let out a sigh and walks around the office, "It's just, I get this feeling that they know that we are chasing girls? Or however they call it".

"Well thinking about it now, I feel that they do know the outline of what's going on huh?" I mumble with understanding.

I guess that explains why our mamas have been whispering about us sometimes and sneakily chuckling.

The girls whisper around like they have found a huge secret and are just being frightened to spill them out.

I just hope they haven't caught on to who we are chasing after. It doesn't bother me that they know we are doing so. But,

But, our papa, ay Dios mío! [Oh my God] That's totally another story. They will certainly roast us. Calling us whipped and pussies and all that bull. Goddammit!

"I bet that once our mamas figure things out, they'll start playing cupid and matchmakers!" I said in horror.

Vince matches my horror-stricken face, "They will do it to get our murder-asses married".

"Maldita mierda! That mustn't happen. They will come up with crazy ass plans for us to end up together, married and happily ever after!" Vince continues, ending in a girly, dreamy tune, and batting his eyelashes for extra effects. [Fucking shit!]

We both share a good laugh and a pregnant hush falls upon the room.

The mansion here has been silent since the twin boys left. After our dads decided to ship them off, everyone has been under a gloomy cloud.

In the beginning, it felt like good riddance. But now, I just miss those devils. I won't tell it out but, I got their baby stuff hidden in my office.

As weird as it sounds, I started to hold on to their stuffed elephants when I miss them. And I've done that a lot many times, considering I have missed them more than dozen times these 2 weeks.

It's high time we start making a move and claiming our girls.

"Well, I guess we've done ample. Lying low behind our sisters is over. Don't you think it's time we officially court them out?" I asked Vince.

I want to take both of them out on dates. I'm sure my Jo isn't those women who like extravagant places and high-class dinners.

I would take Nico to the park to play baseball and teach him some of my hidden football techniques. I want to be his papa if Jo and he allows me.

"Lo que sea que dogs hermano" [Whatever you say bro], Vince breaks my chain of thoughts and replies indifferently.

Oh, I know that tone. I get up from my chair and walk to him. I stand next to him near the window.

"Vince-", I start.

"Listen I know what you are about to say. And yes I know that Daisy is not like the other girls", he says.

"Frankly, just don't wrong her. Imagine your sisters in her place. Daisy doesn't seem like those women you've been with. Manejar con cuidado", I say. [Handle carefully]

"Sí. voy a", he replies after a thoughtful moment. [Yes. I will]

I stay near the window watching him move out of my office. I just wish he understands that she might be the one for him. If he stops his playerish ways, he will know.

And about Jo and Nico, I have been meeting them every day, past these weeks, courtesy of Vince's two sisters.

We ganged up and 'accidentally' injured them and every time they lead us to our angels.

I know we both share feelings but I need to make a move soon. I will make her mine.

Now for my plan, I smirk.

•~•

Joanne

It's been two weeks since I last met Lucas in my office. I weirdly miss him. Even Nico noticed my restlessness. Lucas has been visiting often with his sisters.

Poor things, they frequently get themselves injured. Not that Nico's complaining. He enjoys the attention from both the teen girls. He is such a charmer.

Daisy has started making bold moves with Vincent, I assume, in a really surprising manner. I just hope that she is in safe hands.

Lucas has made it apparent, that he is interested in me. I could say that the feelings are mutual.

And, perhaps it's yet time I let someone in. It's been too long and too lonely. Well, I do have Nico. Without Nate- no. What am I thinking? I can't afford to bring back those horrid memories.

And just like that, my daydreams of Lucas vaporized in the air, filling me with anguish and determination.

I vowed to never let any man in my life and my plate is full with my son and my parent's case.

It's better to stay that way. It's better to be by myself and only think of my son. Since meeting Lucas I suddenly started craving for him.

Maybe it's because I haven't had a love interest for many years.

I have to think about Nico. My happiness comes from him and yes if my parents are found. This has to stop. This has to-

"Momma! Momma! Momma! Guess thwat? Guess thwat? Bawney the dinowar can be purple!" Nico squeals jumping on the sofa pointing at the TV.

This is what makes my life bright and makes me smile. Lucas is just a passing cloud. I need to stop this infatuation. Even if he comes by, I'm going to handle things professionally.

Later that night, after putting Nico to sleep, I walk past the halls. Down the halls where I had my first cry, where I rode my imaginative pony, where my papa's laughter boomed out loud when I was my clumsy self, where Nate and I fought like cats and dogs.

The memories keep playing like a movie, green gas lights moving like our figures with smiles and joy.

Until that day.

.VOTE.SHARE.COMMENT.