Chapter 9

Joanne

"Momma...Momma...Momma...Mo-",

"Yes Nico? What is it?" I interrupt him?

"Me sowwy. I not do it again Momma. I pwomise."

15 minutes back

I heard the bell ring while I was in the kitchen cooking. I started to make my way to the main door when out of nowhere Nico zooms past me.

Somehow he managed to open the door while standing on his stool that is stationed at the main entrance.

"Hello, buddy. Is your mom around?"  the courier guy asks Nico. I pray in my mind,' RIP courier guy'.

"WHY DO YOU NEED MY MOMMY? GO AWAY. NEXT TIME ME SEE YOU HERE, ME TAKE BAT AND HIT YOU" Nico screamed and slammed the door on the poor guy's face. 

And just like that, he walked up the stairs and into my room. I sigh and open the door to see Mike standing there.

"Hi, Jo. Looks like someone woke on the wrong side of the bed" I grabbed the parcel.

"Hi, Mike. Well, you could say that. But I'm sorry for his behaviour. It was uncalled fo-"  he cut my rambling by placing his finger on my lips.

"It's alright babe. He still doesn't know me." I signed the paper.

"Yeah, he doesn't. Anyways how is your husband doing?"  I asked remembering his husband.

"Trey's been ok. He is still stressed about the adoption though. Lily's a little stubborn." 

Trey and Mike were my friends of 2 years. Trey and I went to the same college. I introduced them and they hit off. They have been looking for adopting a girl. I hope they get it done without any trouble.

We spoke for a couple of minutes and part our ways. I place the parcel in my closet and turn to find Nico smirking at me. I got so angry and decided to not talk to him for the rest of the day. If I give him other punishments, he escapes easily. This time it won't happen, baby.

Present 

He has kept his puppy dog face, pouty baby lips, and big eyes even after his wash and breakfast.

"Nico. Listen to me" I lifted him from his playpen and on my lap. 

He snuggled closer to my chest

He snuggled closer to my chest. "Momma got angry at you because you were being mean to my friend. He is a good guy. I don't want you to repeat this. Am I clear baby?"

Nico nodded his head and said, "If papa was here, he will help you."

I sat frozen on my spot, he climbed down and continued playing with his toys. If your papa was here, he would be damn proud of you baby.

But at the same time, if he was here, you wouldn't have been my son.

I left my room and got ready for my shift. I picked up Nico and went straight to the hospital.

 I picked up Nico and went straight to the hospital

------------------

As soon as I enter my cabin, I face one of the twin girls I met a few weeks back, with the mysterious guy and his friend I suppose.

Daisy comes up to me and whispers, "They wanted treatment from you specifically." She walked toward the station. 

I fixed up the playpen for Nico to play with his toys. But somebody wanted to meet their crush. "Nico once I finish checking her up you can play with-"

•~•

Lucas

"Lorraine", Lorry finishes with a smile. Nico stays still playing with his toys while Joanne tends to Lorry's scratched arm. Again.

Meanwhile, Vincent and Daisy try to keep things PG as a baby is present in the room.

A couple of hours ago

"Vincent! Why would you open it back? It hurts like a fucking bitch!" Lorry screamed at Vincent. We both shared the same mischievous smirk and dragged her to the hospital.

Yet again the same Daisy graced us with her presence and took us to a room. This look like the doctor's cabin. The nameplate read, 'Dr Rodrigues'.

I was filled with joy and sadness at the same time. Joy because I was gonna meet them again. Sadness because they are not here yet.

After waiting for 1 hour and keeping my breakfast inside because of how the rabbits were looking at each other, the door opens and in walks my angel with our son.

Daisy and her exchange a few words while Nico was staring at Lorry like she was his everything. 

Present

Daisy takes Lorry to the pharmacy and Vince follows her like a lost puppy. I recorded it, might be useful later. I turned around and saw Joanne staring at me while her teeth were digging into her luscious, soft, kissable lips.

I look back into her eyes and notice her checking me out. I smirk while she frowns when she comes out of her trance of some sort.

I look at the playpen and notice the baby sleeping. I look back at her and her face is a dark shade of pink.

Suddenly I feel nervous. But since I want to make this work, I man up and face her. I extend my hand and introduce myself.

"H-hello. I-i am L-lucas Santiago." Why the hell am I stuttering.?! 

"Hi. I'm Dr Rodrigues. I guess you already know that." she says shyly. God, she is so adorable.

"I know that. Y-yes, I do." Why am I a nervous wreck?!

"Uh-huh. Is Lorraine your sister?" She is beginning the conversation.

"Oh yeah. She is. And the other guy, Vincent is my cousin. Daisy is your- ?" I trailed off.

Ok, I feel way more confident now.

I feel a vibration in my pockets. I excused myself and checked my message.

Looks like my dad needs me. Wrong timing dad!

"I gotta go Dr Rodrigues. I hope to see you around?" I ask though inside I feel so torn to leave her and Nico.

"Oh ok. But please, call me Jo, Mr Santiago" she replied. She seems relaxed now. I guess she is comfortable with me.

"Alright, Jo. But it is only fair that you call me Lucas." her name sounds nice in my mouth.

"See you around Lucas." I felt shivers down my spine when she said my name.

Man, I'm whipped already!

I looked at a sleeping Nico and her and made my way out of the hospital to meet my dad, feeling content.

.VOTE.SHARE.COMMENT.