Chapter 2

Joanne

I turned the knob and got inside. The moment I walked in the scene seemed to be the opposite of what it was a few seconds back.

I checked the board Daisy wrote on and it said the name was Lorraine Santiago and she is 15 years and C/O a bleeding arm. Woah.

I looked up at the pretty girl in front of me and smiled. "Hello dear. I'm Dr Rogriguez. I'm sorry for the delay. It says here that you have a bleeding arm. Hmm... Let's get that cleaned up, shall we?"

"Doc it is just a-" she was interrupted by a man looking like in his 40's who says, "Doctor! She fell. Her arm is bleeding."

Before I could say anything another man looking like the first one interrupted by saying, "Please check if she has any brain damage. Or internal bleeding. Save her!"

Now I was more than confused. "How did she fall?"

1 question. 2 answers.

"She fell down the balcony".

"I slipped on the kitchen floor".

Okkkaayyy.

"If she fell down the balcony then she wouldn't be here rather in the operation theatre. The second seems real." Both the men smiled sheepishly at me. "Next. I wanna see where you got hurt. "

The girl showed me her wound. I gasped.

"See the doctor is so surprised. Oh lord save my baby girl. The wound is too serious. Oh no!!" Wailed the two men.

It was then when I noticed that another girl was looking similar to the girl on the counter. She smiled sympathetically. I smiled back.

Then I noticed 2 men, probably in their late 20's. They haven't uttered a single word yet from the beginning.

The first man seemed to be lost in his thoughts. When my eyes went to the second man, my heart fluttered and my stomach had butterflies when our eyes locked. He was looking devilishly handsome.

Oh goodness, I was openly staring at a patient's relative.

The man seemed to notice me staring. He smirked and sent a wink. I bet my face was a deep color of red. I turned the other way and tried to handle the matter at hand. I checked the 'wound ' again.

I grabbed some ointment and bandage and quickly finished my work. "All done. No worries. Just make sure the wound doesn't become wet."

The 2 loud men breathed in relief. "Did you check for internal bleeding or brain damage?".

I rolled my eyes. "Yes sir. I checked her thoroughly. There seems to be no damage nor bleeding," I replied.

These men are getting on my nerves. Before they could ask their next question, the door banged open.

In walked my 3-year-old son with Daisy hot on his tail. His little eyes scanned the room till they landed on my blue ones. He gave out a squeal and ran to me.

"Mommaaaa! Sisi no fun. I play with you." And with that said he jumped on me.

I caught him with ease seeing that this was our normal routine. I giggled and saw my son laughing.

Then I remembered something. I glared at Daisy.

"Why did you let him leave the room? I told you to keep him occupied, but if I remember correctly, you were the one who volunteered. So, what happened Daisy?"

She looked at her shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Well, my dear godson wanted to meet his mama real bad. Plus he showed me his puppy eyes." She said with regret.

"It's ok Daisy. You're off the hook."

Then I turned to my son with a look that says 'spill'. He smiled and kissed my cheeks saying, "I missed momma I wuv momma."

All my anger melted away.

"Alright, I'll take my leave. Take care, Lorraine." I smiled at everyone.

My eyes locked with the mystery guy again. But instead of finding mischief, it held confusion and sadness.

His eyes were changing from Nico to me and back and forth a few more times. I turned around.

As I was about to leave, suddenly my baby screamed, "WAIT!".

.VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.