Chapter 15

"Magic Works" by The Weird Sisters filled the silence. Hermione became aware of a bone-deep weariness. She lay sprawled in the dark with leaden arms and legs, breathing like she'd just run a race, overheated and sweating, too exhausted and too satisfied to move. Even the weight of Draco's body atop hers didn't bother her. He, too, was gasping for breath and sweating.

Draco groaned and stirred above her. A moment later she felt his weight lifted from her. She felt the brush of his hand through her pubic hair, then the disappointing sensation of his cock slipping out of her. He was little more than a shadow in the darkness. Hermione realized the sun had set while they were busy.

Draco removed the condom he wore and disposed of it in a waste basket. Hermione squeezed her eyes shut against the sudden bloom of light when he turned on a lamp. She felt his weight settle on the edge of the bed so she shifted over to make room for him. He stretched out on his side, his body pressed against hers.

He turned her head with a touch, then kissed her. She kissed him back, pulling him into her arms. She felt a wave of affection and gratitude toward Draco. The kiss ended but they lay in one another's arms, legs entwined, as they caught their breath and cooled off. Hermione drew a noisy breath as a jolt pleasure made her quiver. It seemed to come from nowhere; all at once she experienced a faint echo of the pleasure she'd experienced earlier.

"Cold?" Draco asked. He ran his hand up and down her arm. She saw him glance around for something to pull over them.

Hermione shook her head. "No.

He pushed himself up on one elbow. "You sure? I can get a blanket—"

She met his gaze, pleased by the concern she saw in them. "No, it's fine. I just...." She caught herself trailing off again, not finishing the thought. "I just had a—an aftershock."

"A what now?"

"An aftershock. Like after an earthquake?" She began to wonder if she'd have to draw him a map. "You have the big quake and then...aftershocks."

Concern turned to surprise. "Oh." Then, "Are those a thing?"

Hermione shrugged. "Yeah. I get them sometimes."

"Okay," Draco said agreeably. He stretched out alongside her again. They didn't speak for quite some time. The only sound in the room was the playlist from his laptop. Occasionally Hermione heard movement, voices or the slamming of doors in the hallway outside. But that was outside, and had nothing to do with her. She was content to lie quietly in Draco's arms and enjoy the high from all the endorphins that had soaked her brain. Whatever he was thinking he also kept to himself and for once she didn't worry over it.

Draco's free hand, which been idly caressing her, began moving with purpose. His touch roamed freely, caressing and fondling, rekindling her desire. She pulled him into a lingering kiss that demonstrated better than words could that she was fully onboard with his intentions.

His next kiss was to the hollow of her throat, then a chain of kisses down between her breasts. He fondled her breasts with both hands, kissing and licking first one nipple and then the other. Hermione sighed in pleasure. It felt like her nipples had a direct connection to her pussy; she felt herself swelling and getting wet again.

Draco moved on, kissing and licking his way down to her navel. It tickled once and she twitched and giggled. "Sorry," Draco mumbled, never slowing his progress toward his ultimate goal. She felt his lips in her bush a moment before he pressed a kiss on her pussy.

Hermione moaned and spread her legs, letting him know—as if he had any doubt—that she liked what he was doing. He made a satisfied noise, pleased by her response. His lips and tongue danced along her labia, soft wet caresses that built her excitement with every touch. Minutes passed, delightful pleasure-filled minutes of increasingly focused attention.