Chapter 31

The last two weeks flew by in a haze of laughter and warmth. All too soon, it was time to say goodbye. (y/n) and Xander were wrapped in a tearful hug on his bed, (y/n) being extra gentle because of his ribs. On the other side of the cabin, Luke helped Ravi pack the last of his things. When Xander pulled away to finish his bag, Luke took his place, not quite ready to part with his beautiful girl. A few tears slipped down his cheeks and he wiped them away viciously, not wanting her to see. She took his face in her hands and rubbed her thumb across his cheek gently, before kissing him softly.

"It's gonna be okay," She whispered and he smiled and nodded.

"You know you're always welcome to stay at our place," he offered. She had nowhere to go except her aunt's house, and he hated the idea that something could happen to her and her 'family' wouldn't care. He hadn't got a chance to ask his parents first, but with Jessie in Hollywood, there were now two spare rooms in the penthouse and he was sure they wouldn't mind. She shook her head.

"I've got to go home, but I promise I'll come and visit," She assured him. He kissed her once more and they got up and grabbed their bags. Luke insisted on taking both of their suitcases, so (y/n) picked his backpack up along with hers.

They made their way to the camp entrance, where (y/n) came face to face with a blonde lady tackling the Ross kids in a hug. She stood to the side, watching the family reunion longingly. When they pulled apart, Luke brought her close to him and introduced her to the lady.

"Mom, this is (y/n)," his mom looked her up and down.

"Oh sweetie, you couldn't find anything better?" She shot (y/n) a sympathetic look, which Luke didn't quite catch, so he was immediately defensive without thinking.

"Mom! She's my girlfriend and I love her!" (y/n) tensed at first, but a smile grew on her face. She knew she loved him too, after all, she did go through hell and back with him, but she wasn't quite sure about his feelings and didn't want to scare him off.

"Oh, be quiet," his mom scolded him. " I was talking to (y/n), not you." They laughed and Mrs Ross put an arm around her, drawing her into a side-hug. "I'm glad you found her, darling," she smiled at them and then moved on to chat with her other children. (y/n) turned to Luke.

"So, you love me, huh?" he flushed a deep scarlet and nodded.

"I'm sorry, I-" She cut him off with a kiss.

"I love you too, dummy," they laughed and he kissed her again. They exchanged phone numbers and social media, promising to meet up again soon, and then Luke had to go. (y/n) watched the car grow smaller in the distance. She sighed and made her way to her aunt's old, run-down truck.

~4 weeks later~

{Originally, I was gonna write this as his birthday, but that's in May. So I made it his Gotcha Day, because we don't know when that is.}

Emma, Zuri and Ravi were acting weird. Luke had taken to walking around constantly looking over his shoulder and taking extreme caution when opening cupboards and doors, expecting retaliation for his latest pranking spree. In truth, they were planning a surprise for his Gotcha Day party. They had called (y/n) and roped her into it, persuading her to stay with them for a while as well. When the cab dropped her off at the address they had given her, she stared in awe. She knew their parents were rich and famous and all, but wow. A very nice doorman named Tony with a strong New York accent let her up to the penthouse. Luke was out with his friends, and she was going to help get everything ready. The minute she stepped out of the elevator, she was attacked by three bodies, causing them all to topple onto the floor laughing. She had missed them. Once the living room was set up, she got changed in Emma's room and hid there.

~Later~

Luke had resumed his tense behaviour as the lift carried him up to the penthouse. However, he was pleasantly surprised to see his firnds and family milling around the living room, which was beautifully decorated for his Gotcha Day, which he had completely forgotten about. He laughed and thanked his family, glad it wasn't a load of pranks. And everything was so much better when Emma dragged him to the bottom of the staircase, which confused him at first, until (y/n) stepped into his line of sight. She had let her hair loose, and was wearing a beautiful off-one-shoulder (f/c) dress. He rushed up the stairs, meeting her half way and scooped her up into a hug, before carrying her down the remainder of the steps.

"I missed you so much, darling," he whispered, the nickname causing her to blush.

"Happy Gotcha Day, love," she replied and kissed him sweetly. He almost groaned at the feeling of her lips on his, a feeling he had been deprived of for nearly a month. And in that moment, they couldn't be happier.

_______________

~A.N: Hey, look, it's me posting a new chapter early! Thanks to my teacher not being here today, I got to spend some valuable time writing, and this popped up out of nowhere. I think all that's left now is an epilogue, or another chapter (proposal or smth) and then this book is done, unfortunately. Ive had a great time writing this, but unfortunately nothing can last forever. Let me know what you'd like to read before this ends, and I'll see where I can write it into the story. Enjoy this gift of an early chapter that will probably never happen again, and check out my other books that I will be giving more attention to as this one finishes. Stay safe, and see you in the next chapter! ♡