Chapter 4

(y/n) p.o.v

The Weasel Cabin interior is wild. My clothes are all over the place, and Hazel, Crystal and Lydia are picking through my stuff like vultures on a carcass.

"Ooh, I want these biscuits. They're my absolute fave!" Lydia squeals

"Good to know. I won't bring them next time." I say, making them jump and turn around. I smile sweetly. The door bursts open behind her and Xander rushes. He discreately pulls the hairbrush out of my hand.

"Hey, Crystal. I borrowed your hairbrush. Is that ok?" He asks before I can say anything.

"What are you doing?" I whisper

"I got you into this mess, I'm getting you out if it." He replies. I smile.

"OMG." Hazel shouts. "Xander borrowed your HAIRBRUSH!!!" They all squeal in excitement.

Crystal comes up and takes hairbrush from Xander, careful so as to not drop any hairs. Xander leaves, and they stare expectantly at me. I say the first thing I can think of.

"Umm, guys, I just came to tell you to leave my stuff alone and that I'm going to collect wood for the campfire... if you want to come...?"

"Eww. Why would we want to come?" Lydia looks horrified.

"Fine, I'll just go and ask some other cabin." I leave and slam the door, but  stay outside it for a minute to listen to them.

Hazel sounds muffled because if the door. "Who does she think she's kidding? No one likes her. She can't even get a boyfriend! I mean, look at me. I've got the hottest guy at camp. Not even that dwarf from Grizzly, Jorge, would ask her out." The other two agree, so I straighten up and walk off.

Luke p.o.v

Someone knocks on the cabin door. Xander rolls off his bunk to see who it is, but I keep staring at the ceiling. I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey Zan. Thanks for that. You saved my skin." It's (y/n)! I smile.

"No problem. It WAS my fault after all." Xander replies.

"Hey, do you guys wanna come help me get some firewood for tonight?" At this, I jump off my bunk and pop up behind Xander.

"Sure!" I interrupted. "Just me and you right? It'll be fun." She laughs. I made her laugh!

"I was kinda asking your whole cabin, loverboy." She says, bursting my bubble of happiness. But Xander soon butts in.

"Umm, I think I'm good. I'm gonna head over to Woodchuck Cabin, and Jorge is down at the lake with Ravi. You go with Luke." I think he winked at her, but I'm not sure because I'm stood behind him. Is he trying to set us up?

"You're such a pain sometimes." She rolls her eyes. "Fine. Tell the girls I said hi, and tell Emma that you like her okay?" She pats his cheek and he scowls and lightly hits her hand away.

"Okay! Let's do this!" I sling my arm around her, but she just slaps me again before we walk off.

~Time skip brought to you by Reese's Peanut Butter Cups~

I follow (y/n) through the trees.

"Hey, babe, how much further." I ask for the millionth time

"Not much now. We keep the firewood at The Spot. Oh, and don' t call me babe." She replies as I slip my arm around her waist.

"You don't like it? How about princess?"

"No." I start taking my hand away again, disappointed, but she holds onto it. I'm surprised, but I smile at her.

"No one can resist this face."

"Oh, shut it, freckles. I just wanted a hug. Now that you're wearing more than just sweats." We walk on in comfortable silence, until we reach The Spot.

"We're here!" She exclaims

"Finally," I say, flopping down on a boulder. I look expectantly at her, waiting for her to sit next to me so we can have a romantic moment. But she ignores me and starts picking out wood from a pile at the edge of the clearing.

"Come on Luke. We need get back to camp. It'll be dark soon and they need the wood for the campfire." She turns around with a small pile of wood. I must have looked disappointed because she rolled her eyes at me. I sighed and got up.

"Then let's get this lot back to camp." I say, picking up some more logs and tinder.

______________________________________

~A.N: And that concludes chapter 3. Sorry for the short update, I know it sucks but hey. I wanted to put the campfire at the start of a chapter, so you'll just have to wait until the next update to see how it goes. Leave a comment/vision of the future/idea/other. And don't forget to vote! See you in the next chapter! ♡