Chapter 4

Hey there, fellow readers!

Before I get into the next chapter, I just want to say a few things.

First....

Over 360 views??

W H A T

Thank you guys SO MUCH!! I honestly didn't expect this story to go anywhere. I originally started writing it because I always wanted to read more Purpled angst and I wanted to get better at writing.

Because of you guys, my reasons have now evolved into something a little deeper. It means so much to me that so many people were at least interested enough in this story - or, at least, the idea that I had - to stick around and read a few parts of it, which is really what is pushing me to keep working on this.

Second, I was reading through my comments the other day and noticed a few that I wanted to point out. I've seen a few comments remarking on how "the story is amazing" or how much they are "loving the story so far." I just want you to know how much it means to me that I'm able to brighten up your day, even if it's not a lot. I truly adore you guys, and I love how supportive this community is.

Third, the last thing I want to say is about this chapter.

As you might have been able to guess based on the ending of the last chapter, this will get a little gory. In my opinion, it isn't that bad, but I can't really say if it's really extreme or not because different people have different limits. The gore is short and it will not last the entire chapter, and I will give a warning before it starts and after it ends.

Now that I've said everything I felt needed to be addressed, let's get into Chapter 4!

________________________________________________________________________________

Crack!

I sat on top of Cracker, gasping for breath, trying to force air into my lungs. My limbs weighed me down, exhaustion threatening to force my eyes closed right then and there.

I glanced around the room, expecting a dagger to come shooting at me any second. My eyes locked on a few people in the audience, but they all shrunk away, trying to hide their faces.

Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. The members of Hypixel had never done that before. Yes, they had always hated me. As soon as I stopped losing fights, my pile of enemies started stacking up. They wanted to take me down, stop me from pushing and shoving my way up the ranks.

It made sense that they would be upset that another contestant had failed in their goal. But this wasn't a normal reaction.

It was always irritation, anger, loathing. Never fear. Because how could they be scared of a 14 year old child? No - not a child. I hadn't been a child in a long time. 

But in their eyes? My age defined me as young and immature, or, at least, as immature as one can be in Hypixel.

I knew my confusion was radiating off me in waves. Every time a person avoided my eyes, and every minute that no one tried to take me out, my anxiety grew. I couldn't think of a reason for such a sudden change.