Chapter 6

Tommy's POV:

"Hey! That's totally cheating! That has to count as cheating, doesn't it?" I sputtered, trying to make my case.

"Definitely not! There aren't any rules against asking someone for the answer," Ranboo argued, a smirk making its way to his face.

"What? Tubbo, what do you think? You're on my side, right?" I tried to reason with Tubbo, glaring at my phone.

I was on a call with my two best friends, playing two truths and a lie. Currently, Tubbo was in the lead, and I was right behind him. Unfortunately, so was Ranboo, and we were both fighting for second place.

"Actually, I gotta back up Ranboo on this one. There aren't any rules against getting the answer that way."

"What?" I exclaimed, glaring at my two friends. "Fuck you both!" I shouted, although the sentence held no true conviction.

"Awww, it's okay, we know you love us," Ranboo said, a teasing smile making its way to his face.

"No! That's not true, shit-heads!" I said, wrinkling my nose in disgust.

My reaction to the sentiment sent them both into laughing fits, rolling on the ground. And although I would never admit it aloud, I knew that what Ranboo said was true. I really did love the dorks, and I didn't know what I would do without them.

As I waited for the two to calm down, a small smile on my mouth, my mind drifted to our history class.

"Hey, what do you guys think of that project?" The inquisition slipped from my lips without warning.

The two boys, now calm, turned their attention back to me. "It doesn't seem too hard to me. It'll take a few hours, but at least it's not something huge," Tubbo responded.

"Yeah, I agree," Ranboo replied.

We fell into silence for a few minutes before Ranboo spoke up once more. "Hey, what about that other guy? What's his name again? I think it started with an 'O.'"

I laughed at Ranboo's shitty memory before answering his question. "I think his name was Purpled. And as for 'what about him,' he seemed pretty nice."

"Yeah, but something was off," Tubbo added. "I mean, he started off super shy, remember? He was all fidgety and he wouldn't make eye contact. But then, all of a sudden, he just switched."

I frowned, trying to remember what Tubbo was referring to. "True, that was a little strange."

"I agree, it was kind of odd, but we can't judge him based on one interaction. We never talked to the guy before today, maybe he was just masking to seem more confident than he actually was. It would make sense, especially if he has anxiety," Ranboo said, switching to his "parent voice."

I rolled my eyes and mumbled, "Yeah, but why'd you have to do a whole lecture, dickhead?" My best friends burst out laughing once more, and, this time, I couldn't help but join them.

Puffy's POV:

Ring, ring, ring!

I sighed in exasperation. Why did the phone have to ring right before I was about to go home? I eyed the low-quality phone on my desk, considering just forcing whoever needed me to leave a message or call again tomorrow.

My feet started moving before my brain had even had time to fully process the subconscious decision to answer the phone. As one of the school counselors of SMP high (A.N: I know, I'm so creative), it was my job to pick up phone calls like this.