Chapter 1 New life

Meet Madison,
A young lady with her whole life ahead of her. New town. Basically, new life. She didn't even want to move to this huge city. Her parents are getting a divorce. Apparently they fought too much and they both fell out of love. Madison saw it coming, although she and her little brother mason were both oh-so heartbroken when she found out.
But this is a new chapter to her life.
Better make the most of it.

"Madison" her mum shouts from downstairs making the whole house echo "Get down here now! You've got that interview !!"
Madison groans "You told me that wasn't until Tuesday?" She shouts making the house echo all over again.
"Madison for gods sake what am I going to do with you?" She yells with a tinge of frustration alongside anger in her voice "You don't have to get all dressed up, just hurry! We're gonna be late, appointment is at 3:30"

I glanced at the old, run down clock on my bed side table and see that it's 3:00. I jump out off my bed suddenly getting an urge of exhilaration and run towards my so-called wardrobe. It's basically just an old cupboard with a door screwed on to make it look like something. My hands pull on the handles and whoosh. Every single piece of clothing I own is stuffed into one small cupboard. Now that's gotta be saying something.
I look around for my holy denim jeans but find my white jeans instead, I slip on a black shoulder top and belt, as I'm walking out the door sliding my Guess bag up on my shoulder I realise my black docs are up in the attic.
"MADISON !!" mum screamed, almost making the house shake.
"COMING"
I ran up to the attic and saw my black docs straight away sticking out of a dusty brown box, I slowly took my shoes out of the box and then saw a dreamed picture of my dad mum mason and me. Back in the old days, when they were happy.
I remember that day so well.
It could've been just any other days to any one else. But to us it was everything. My grandma had been dead for 5 years. That was the celebration. We promised we wouldn't be sad so instead we celebrated her each year.
"MADISON" mum screams shaking the house, literally.
"COMING"
I grab the boots and the framed picture and quickly make a run for it before she leaves without me. Trust me, she's done it before.
Just as she's starting the car I jump into the back seat.
"Finally" mum mumbles under her breath. Mason turns up the radio while some rock head metal thing is playing
"Who died and made you the front seat passenger" I ask him sarcastically. He doesn't respond just sticks out his tongue slyly. I roll my eyes dramatically while he just laughs. Mum tells me that when I walk into the building I follow the red line. Once I meet the reception desk I am to tell the lovely lady that I am here for the scholarship interview
*
"BYE HUNNY LOVE YOU" mum screams driving away in a rush to drop Mason off to footy tryouts.
I throw my hand back behind my head to show her I got the message and she's off...