7.

"Did you guys hear the big news?" Shawn questioned as he plopped down at their lunch table at school that Monday. Camila had looked up from her lunch which consisted of pizza and gatorade, and she lifted an eyebrow silently. Lauren, who had been busy trying to get through her Chemistry homework, set her pen down to give Shawn her full attention. Whilst Zayn set his phone down and turned his gaze to Shawn.

"What big news?" Zayn questioned, and Shawn leaned forward across the table as if he were about to share the biggest secret in the world. Lauren, Zayn, and Camila leaned forward, eager to catch the news.

"Normani Kordei and Arin Ray broke up over the weekend," Shawn whispered causing Lauren and Zayn to groan as they leaned back in their seats.

"That's not news, they break up like every month," Lauren stated as she picked her pen back up.

"According to a girl in my History class named, Ariana Grande, she heard from her best friend, Taylor Swift, who sits beside Justin Bieber in her Calc class, who heard it from his best friend, Austin Mahone, that this is for real. Apparently, Normani's been cheating on Arin for months," Shawn explained, and Camila's eyes widened as she glanced up at Shawn. Lauren looked over at Camila knowingly, and Camila purposefully avoided the green eyed Cuban's gaze.

"Uh, did he say who with?" Camila questioned, and Shawn turned his head to look at Camila, brows furrowed as he thought about it before he shook his head.

"Not that I know of," Shawn said, "But, yeah, according to Ariana, this is serious. Arin was pissed."

"Jeez, that's crazy," Zayn said as he grabbed his phone, "But I mean, it's about time they've broken up, don't ya think? They're on again off again shit was giving me a headache."

"Here here," Lauren said as she returned her gaze to her Chemistry homework. Soon the conversation shifted to something else, but Camila was hardly paying attention to any of it as she let her gaze travel around the cafeteria in search of Normani. She knows she shouldn't. But she was worried.

God, what was this girl doing to her?

Camila sighed as she pulled out her cellphone, glancing down at it silently as she searched for Normani's contact name.

Camila: Are you okay?

Camila glanced up for a split second, and she frowned when she caught Lauren staring at her knowingly. She sent a small glare her best friend's way, but Lauren merely rolled her eyes. Camila decided to ignore Lauren, and instead focus on her phone when she got a response.

Normani: Why do you care?

Camila: Where are you?

Normani: The library, why?

Camila: Stay there, I'm on my way.

After sending her message, Camila rose to her feet, "I'm out," she stated simply as she grabbed her tray, "I'll see you guys later," Camila didn't even give her friends a chance to respond before she turned on her heels, tossing her tray in the trash before exiting the cafeteria.

Camila made her way down the hall towards the library, wondering just what in the hell she was doing? It wasn't like Camila to care about anyone else's feelings, but her own. However, a part of Camila felt partially to blame for this entire incident, and she didn't want Normani to feel as if she were dealing with this alone. And yet again, she's asking herself why? It wasn't like she had feelings for the girl.

What was making her feel so fucking human?

Camila huffed as she shook her head silently. She'd worry more about that later. As long as she tried to keep Normani at arm's length, things would be fine. It wouldn't hurt to just be there for Normani once. Just this one time.