11.

"Cabello!"

Camila had been hanging out by her locker that next Wednesday, waiting for Normani to get out of her class so that they could go off campus for lunch, her arms were crossed against her chest, and she wore a scowl on her features to scare off any passerbys. Lauren and Shawn had been there with her, Zayn had ditched school that day.

Camila glanced up to see Arin Ray approaching her, his eyes narrowed in irritation. His arm was in a sling, and at each step he took, Camila could see that pain littered across his features. Camila could bring herself to feel bad even if she wanted to. Arin deserved the beating he got, actually in Camila's opinion, he deserved worse.

"Pretty Boy, to what do we owe this pleasure?" Lauren drawled, her tone laced with already present boredom. Lauren had been expecting a childish tantrum from Arin Ray. That was just who he was. His ego was bruised, his "territory" was stolen and now he needed to try and prove his dominance or something. He was like a wolf in that sense. Little did he know, he was messing with Camila Cabello. The Alpha in all senses.

"We need to talk, Cabello," Arin clenched his jaw tightly, his eyes shifting towards Lauren and Shawn before landing on Camila once again, "Alone."

"Anything you have to say to me, you can say in front of my friends," Camila shrugged as she continued to lean against the locker, looking at her nails as if she were already tired of the conversation. Arin's jaw tightened at Camila's obvious lack of interest and attention. He didn't like being ignored.

"I can't play basketball for a month because of you," Arin hissed angrily, and Camila lifted her gaze from her nails to Arin's eyes.

"Ouch, tough break, dude," Camila shrugged her shoulders, her expression clearly stating that she couldn't care less.

"You're a violent psychopath. You think I'm bad? One little slap and a hurt wrist is nothing compared to what you did to me, what you did to others. You're fucking crazy, and Normani deserves better than you. No wonder Maia dumped you."

Lauren and Shawn stilled at the mention of Maia's name. Camila stiffened up, her hand dropping to her side, clenched into a tight fist as she lifted her eyes to meet Arin's, "You think Maia dumped me?" Camila questioned, taking a step towards Arin, "Hate to ruin whatever fantasy you have of her painted in your head, Ray. But I dumped Maia once I found out she cheated on me with you."

Lauren and Shawn immediately straightened up, prepared to stop Camila in case she decided to attack Arin. It was different when they were out of school. If Camila attacked Arin here, she would surely be expelled. And yes, it was true. Arin was the boy who stole Maia from Camila. He was the boy who had once been a part of the gang, but then betrayed their leader in the most terrible of ways. And to top it all off, he cheated on Normani in the process, and Normani never found out.

"Now, I suggest you back off before I tell Normani everything that happened in our Freshman year," Camila warned, her eyes narrowed dangerously.

"Are you gonna tell Normani that you killed her?" Arin growled angrily, his eyes never straying from Camila's cold gaze, "That you killed Maia."

Camila froze, her glare faltering only slightly, "I didn't kill her..."

"You might as well have," Arin scoffed, crossing his arms against his chest, "You weren't good enough for Maia, and you certainly aren't good enough for Normani. Just like Maia, you'll kill Normani."

"You don't know shit, Arin Ray," Camila growled in frustration, "I suggest you stop talking," Camila warned as she took a threatening step towards Arin.

"You know I'm right," Arin stood his ground, his arms crossing against his chest. Camila clenched her jaw tightly, but Arin continued talking, "You know the reason why we were such good friends, you and I? Because we're exactly alike. Stubborn, confident, young people with no idea how to control our anger. Are you going to tell Normani that? Or do you want me to tell her?"

Camila fell silent as she glared at Arin Ray. She knew that he had only been trying to get to her, and she was trying not to let him, but in a way, she knew he already had. Maia's death had been more of a sore subject to her than Maia cheating on her. No one had been allowed to speak on it. Camila had forbidden it. She already felt as if she had been partially to blame for the entire incident, and now Arin stood before her, pinning her with guilt.

"Camila? Arin? What's going on?"

Camila's eyes drifted to her left, and she was instantly met by the sight of a concerned looking Normani, accompanied by Zendaya, Dinah, and Ally. Camila frowned as she glanced back at Arin, who raised his eyebrows in question. Camila sighed as she ran a hand through her hair, "Nothing, babe...ready for lunch?"

Arin smirked as he took a step away from Camila. He knew he had her exactly where he wanted her. It wouldn't be long before Normani saw the light now as well, "I'll see you around, Cabello," Arin nodded once before he turned to walk down the hall.

Normani frowned as she walked over to Camila, her arms clutching her books tightly to her chest, "What was that about?"

Camila glanced over Normani, "Would you believe if I told you he just wanted to apologize?" Camila questioned, and Normani lifted a single eyebrow silently. Camila sighed, "I figured," she shook her head before she looked over at Lauren and Shawn, "What do you two think?"

"She deserves to hear it from you," Lauren offered, and Camila frowned.

"I was afraid you'd say that."

"Hear what from you? What the hell is going on?" Normani huffed in annoyance, and Camila returned her gaze to Normani.

"You got anything important going on in your classes today?" Camila questioned.

"No, not that I know of," Normani shook her head.

Camila flashed a small smile, "Great, we're playing hooky again. There's something I have to tell you, and I-I can't do it here," Camila said, and Normani fell silent for a moment before she nodded her head.

"Let's go then."