3

It had been years since anyone had even muttered her name to him.

The name was the reason he lifted his head away from the pages of what he was reading, looking to Tony for more information than just saying the name Sofia to him.

"How do you know her name.." Bucky said, his voice slightly breaking and his eyes about to explode with tears.

"My father wrote about her, do you know her?"

"Don't say her name.." Bucky said, flipping his book closed reviling the title, 'Murder on the Orient Express'.

Bucky slid the book into his back pocket before leaving the reading corner. Tony was now more intrigued than ever to find out who the girl was, seeing how so much as bring her name up had upset Bucky to such an extreme.

Steve was not as upset as his soldier friend, but the name still had meaning to him. Tony looked at him, his head filled with memories and good times, it was years since someone dared to say her name aloud.

"Did you know her?" Tony said, breaking the silence and Steves train of though. He looked to Tony, now standing up, ready for action and answers.

"The tale of Sofia isn't mine to tell, it's Bucky's.."

Steve was right, she was Bucky's story and therefore he didn't want to say anything more. Steve went to leaving, wanting to be alone with his thoughts, went Tony grabbed his arm, the thirst to know more about her was killing him.

"Tell me.." He said, staring into Steves soul for answers.

"No, he will tell you when he's ready" Steve calmly said, yanking his arm from Tonys grasp and leaving as well.

Bucky had gone to his room, locking the door behind him. Memories were flooding back and when he closed his eyes, all he could see was her face. Them green eyes, that smile.

She would be long dead, but death doesn't stop you from loving someone.

All he could ask for was a photo of her, something he used to carry with his and show to strangers.

"Look at my gal, isn't she everything?" He would say, flashing the picture to anyone who would listen.

All he had was memories but that wasn't enough for him.

He threw himself onto his bed, thinking of her. It isn't like she ever left his mind, she was his entire world and more for decades. Even when his mind wasn't his own, that smile was something that he felt would stay forever, no matter the decade.

To him, she has an unforgettable face. His mind could be numb, it wouldn't matter, because she was premaritally in it.

Hours had passed with Bucky still thinking to himself in bed. There was a short knocked on his door, he chose not to answer instead staying in bed, facing the empty wall. There was another knock, still chose to stare at the wall.

The culprit of the knocking was Steve, who chose to just let himself in after the third knock that was also left unanswered. He opened the door to see Bucky, facing the wall away from him, not even commenting on his entrance.

"Are you alright?" Steve said, sitting on the end of the bed, Bucky still laying with his back to him.

"I'm fine.." He groaned back, every though they both knew he was lying.

"Tell what's bothering you.." Steve said, trying to comfort his friend.

Bucky, turned around, now laying on his back, revealing the tears he had shed.

"I would never leave the house without a photograph of her, ever. Now I don't have one at all. I just want to see her face again Steve, it's been so long.."

Bucky was on the verge of tears when he revealed his one request to his friend. It was so simple, all he wanted was a photograph, that's if it was possible to get one.

"I'll look into it, I can probably get one.." Steve said, only saying he could get something such as this to comfort his friend.

Steve left him alone once more, probably to begin his search. Bucky pulled out his book again, sitting against the beds headboard and smiling at the words.

"My Sofia.." He whispered softly, smiling at the thought of how she would probably laugh at him officially call her his.