7

Sitting there, looking. 

Memorised by her looks, thinking of how that day went. He had asked her to marry him, and she had said yes.

Bucky was clinging onto that memory as he sat on his bed, holding the picture like his life depended on it. It had been years since he last saw her, seen her. She occupied his thoughts, always, but he hadn't looked into her eyes in so long.

Sam was calling him from downstairs, it was one for dinner time. He was still caught in that gaze, so he chose not to answer Sam. Eventually, Sam was so sick of his unresponsiveness, that he headed up to Bucky's room, not even bothering to knock.

"Bucky, I've been call you for-"

Before he could finish his complaint, he assessed the situation. Bucky was sitting, in tears, staring at an unknown women.

"Is that Sof-"

"Next time knock.." Bucky said, cutting him off and attempting to leave the room.

Sam stopped him,  he always wanted to check in on his some what friend, they were never really that close.

"Buck, are you good?" He said, holding his 'friend' in place to get an answer.

"No, but I'll get over it" He replied, pushing Sam off of him and heading to eat.

The picture fit just right inside the pages of the book, so he slid it in as for nobody to ask about who she was. He plated himself some food, sitting in-between Steve and Natasha and began to eat, not adding to the conversation as usual.

"So what was in the envelope, Steve?"

Wanda was referring to the little brown envelope Steve had slid Bucky, the one containing her picture. Bucky wasn't answering, he didn't care anymore, he just missed her.

"Money, photos, passports?"

It had become a table wide guessing game, one that slowly began to aggravate Bucky more and more. It had become a joke, guessing impossible things and in the end, he snapped.

"Why can't you just mind your business?!" He said, picking up his plate and standing up from the long dinning table.

"Bucky were sorry be just-"

He was in some sort of blind rage, completely cutting off the efforts of apology. Bucky took the book out of his pocket, flicking to the page with his loves picture and revealed it to everyone that was dinning there.

"This, this right her, is Sofia-" He yelled, completely commanding everyones attention, "She is the love of my life and she is gone, so thanks for making something thats already hard to deal with, even more difficult!"

He placed the photograph back in the book, whilst storm off back to his room, slamming the door which could be heard no matter where you stood in the tower.

Still shocked by the grand reveal of the mystery women, Steve looked as though he was about to lose it with the team.

"So you did know who she was.." Tony said, looking to Steve with disappoint.

"She was one of my closet friends, of course I knew her!" He yelled, not holding back any longer.

"You could have sat something, anything to-"

"No Tony, Bucky was in love with that women and she changed his world, this wasn't my story! I was there friend, he was her everything and its not up to me to decide when, or even if he brings her up.." He said, leaving the room and allowing the rest of the team to discuss.

"She seemed nice.." Sam said.

"Thats what you say? We hurt Bucky and all you can say is that she looks nice?" Nat argued at Sam.

"What do we do now?" Clint said, always wanted to solve thing and defuse situations.

"I can continue reading my fathers journals, look into her more and maybe give him some closure?" Tony suggested.

"How do we know he needs closure?" Nat replied.

"Because I know what needing it looks like, he doesn't know what happened to her" Tony said, leaving to room to continue looking into who she was.

The answer to who she was actually quite simple. She was a genius, with great beauty, who fell in love with a soldier. She should have gotten her happy ending, but life doesn't always work out the way you want it to.