"I love you with all my heart."

*Skylar's P.O.V*

"He's back" Izzy called gaining our attention then hit accelerated once more sending me into Ardeth, before it spluttered to a stop and the wave caught up and took us down.  

The balloon was a mess Rick took charge and came up with a plan as I retrieved my bag and sniper, putting it on my back. I then started passing the other's stuff to Rick who passed to Ardeth who passed to Evie. Izzy was complaining about how he needed gas to lift the balloon, "If anyone could fill this blimp with hot air Izzy" Rick started and slapped his arm, "It's you." I noticed Jonathan pocket the staff again, but this time he wasn't caught.  "Horrus" Ardeth called, soon the faithful bird landed and Ardeth sent the message.  He followed behind us as Jonathan called out "So, Rick what's the plan?" "Find some higher ground" Rick shouted back in reply. A lone gun shot rang out, along with a screech. Ardeth was shocked and turned back screaming "Horrus!!!" It was silent, Ardeth's face fell and I put a hand on his shoulder in comfort. "I must go." He declared after a moment. "Wait, no you can't go...." I was cut off by Ardeth "I must let the commanders know off our location. If the army of Anubis arises." Rick butted in, he was panicked, "I need you to help me find my son." Looking at all of us, his eyes lingering on me before returning to Rick's, "I will help you first then." "Thank you" Rick uttered before pushing him ahead and me not far behind. 

*time skip*

We were perched on a hill,to give us a vantage point. I was cleaning my gun, facing out over the valley. The others doing the same, I broke the silence "Do you hear that?" "What?" Ardeth asked from behind me, "Exactly, nothing, absolutely nothing." "I'll say. Look at this chaps. Look at those heads, I'd love to know how they do that." Jonathan babbles causing us all to face him, disbelief etched on our faces. "Just curious" He said, I sigh. Ardeth moved from behind me careful not to push me off the edge and walked over to Jonathan who picked up a gun. "Any good with that?" He asked in a gruff and sexy voice. "Any good? Grand champion I'll have you know." Jonathan boasted. "Any good with that?" Jonathan mocked motioning towards Ardeth's sword. "You'll know soon enough." Was the reply given, before he unsheathed it and held it at Jonathan's throat. "The only way to kill an Anubis warrior is by taking off its head." I stood and walked past them and stood facing down the path we took to get up here.

A feeling of dread eat away at me. A hand touched my shoulder whilst I was lost in thought, acting quickly I had a gun at the persons head. Realizing it was only Ardeth I lowered my weapon, "You shouldn't scare me like that," I said. " I apologies. What is the matter?" He inquirers. Looking into his brown eyes I reply, " I have a bad feeling, that something is going to happen, that I won't be able to stop." "Alex is a strong boy, he will be fine." Ardeth says in the hope that it would console me but alas it did not. "It's not Alex I'm worried about, he has everyone looking out for him. He will definitely be fine, but I'm not so sure about myself." Ardeth goes to cut me off but I put my hand over his mouth. "I have a feeling that something will go wrong. And I... And I wanted to say in case anything does happen, I hopelessly in love with you and it infuriates me, that you don't realize it." Removing my hand he takes my face in one hand and stares straight into my eyes. "I love you Skylar, I left last time because I was hoping you would move on and find some one better and live a safer life. But now I realize that the only time I know you are safe is when you are with me. I love you with all my heart no matter what happens." And with those words he pulls me into a passionate kiss.