The usual.......

*Ardeth's POV*

As I chop of the head of the last Anubis warrior, the rest of the Medjai cheer, my thoughts wonder to Skylar and if she is okay, but I remind myself that she can take care of herself. Although I just can't help but worry, I truly love her and I don't know what I would do without her. Suddenly I realize that it couldn't have been that easy, I rush through my rejoicing brothers to the edge of the hill and look over. I sharply inhale, as I see hoards of Anubis warriors sprinting over the dunes of sand. My brothers soon join me and tighten their grip on their weapons. "God help us." I spoke staring in disbelief at the vast number of warriors against us. The army is fast approaching us, I look up and down at my brothers and speak " 'Til Death" 'I'm sorry Skylar, I hope it will not come to it but I shall fight here alongside my brothers until this army is dead or until my dying breath.' I thought, raising my sword with a battle cry to which my brothers echo.

*Skylar's POV*

I chase after her; I enter the room just in time to see Rick be tossed across the room by the Scorpion King. "Rick!" Evie cries as I stop beside her, he looks up and notices Evie and then me beside her, he smiles slightly forgetting the danger. "Evie!?" He calls, "Watch out!" I scream almost a little too late as he shimmies back narrowly missing the Scorpion King's claw. He tries to fight the Scorpion King with a spear, key word being tries. The Scorpion King despite his size, he is quick and dodges Rick's every attempt to hit him. I look to my left and notice Jonathan and Alex messing about with the staff that Jonathan keeps stealing and arguing. "The spear of Osiris!" Imhotep exclaims and it all clicks, the staff is really a spear, the spear is the only way to kill the Scorpion King. "Jonathan quick" I call and try to rush to them but Anck-Su-Namun grabs my arm and stops me, I grunt in pain as her grip tightens as I try to get away. Suddenly the pressure is realized and I hear her swear, I look to see her holding her cheek and Evie standing over her fist clenched. "Damn remind me not to get on your bad side lil sis" I say shocked. "No one hurts my family!" She shouts in anger, I quickly grab her arm and tug her towards Alex and Jonathan, who had made the staff into the spear and thrown it.

It was intercepted by Imhotep; we all held our breath as he threw it towards the Scorpion King exclaiming "The army of Anubis shall be MINE!" "RICK!" Evie shouted, Rick launched himself into the air and grabbed the spear, before falling to the ground and rolling. Imhotep lets out a yell of anger, unfortunately now the Scorpion King's full attention is on Rick, he forces Rick to the edge of the pit of souls. Rick almost falls but manages to shove the spear through the Scorpion King's stomach. "Go to hell and take your friends with you!" Rick screams in the Scorpion King's face whilst twisting the spear in his stomach. The Scorpion King roars then disappears in a cloud of black dust causing Rick to fall.

*3rd person*

Just as the Anubis army was about to reach the Medjai, it also burst into a cloud of black dust, the Medjai looked around confused, before cheering again this was short lived as they soon stopped when the noticed the mass of black dust coming from over a dune, in the direction of the Temple. Ardeth froze in his place 'Skylar!' He thought, his mind swarmed with many thoughts at that moment and none of them were good. "no" he whispered "no she'll be fine. She has to be" he tried to convince himself.

The cloud then made a face, and then all the dust was sucked back into the temple and an earthquake shook the land. Inside the temple everyone was thrown to the ground by the force, Evie and Jonathan are soon on their feet as Skylar checks Alex, seeing nothing wrong she sighs in relief and stands up helping him up too. The temple starts to collapse, rocks fell from the ceiling. Four pairs of hands appeared on the edge of the pit of souls, soon they hoisted themselves semi up. The hands belonged to Imhotep and Rick. "Dad!" Alex screams upon seeing him and Jonathan has to hold him back. The souls from the pit have both men's legs in their grasp and they try to pull them down into the depths of the pit, never to be seen again. Evie looks at the path then at the ceiling "Evie! No!" Rick calls knowing what his wife was thinking, "Get outta here! Just get outta here! NO!" He screams on the verge of tears. Skylar looks to her sister and before she can even move, Evie dashes towards Rick dodging the rocks falling from the ceiling when she reaches him, she grabs his arms and starts to pull him up. Skylar looks at her sister in shock and admiration, as she risks her life for her husband, though if she was in the same situation and it was Ardeth that needed help she knew she would do the same.

Imhotep looks over at Anck-Su-Namun hoping that she will do the same, he calls to her but she shakes her head and runs away. Imhotep looks heart broken and he gives up the fight and lets go, everyone feels slightly sorry for him, but their sympathy for Imhotep is short lived. Rick is now safe on the path and is holding Evie tightly. They rush back over to Skylar, Jonathan and Alex and out the door. As they near the entrance of the temple, all the forest and natives are being sucked in. In a split second decision Rick ushers his family up a set of stairs and outside the temple. They climb the to the top, and realize that there is no way they'll be safe even up there, Rick embraces his wife and son, as Skylar and Jonathan hold on to each other for dear life. When they had just about given up hope, who comes along but their old pal Izzy (who maliciously managed to repair his air boat). "Izzy!" Rick calls out in relief. "Come on come on" Izzy commands as he lowers the boat to where they could get on safely, first Evie pushes Alex on then she gets on herself. Soon followed by Skylar, Rick and Jonathan just about grab on as the boat starts to rise. Rick pulls himself up but Jonathan falls, luckily his foot gets caught on the netting beside him though. "Pull me up! Pull me up!" He panics as Rick and Skylar try to pull him up. However as soon as Jonathan notices the diamond encrusted pyramid resting in the scorpions claws on top of the temple he calls for them to stop. "Let me down! Let me down!" He pleads, "It's not worth your life" Rick tries to reason but Jonathan only disagrees "Yes it is yes it is." Somehow Jonathan manages to grab it as Rick and Skylar pull him up and on to the floating boat. Izzy then turns a switch that makes up rise dramatically into the air, we just about miss the temple caving in on itself. Izzy starts to yell and celebrate, as Rick, Skylar and Jonathan try to catch their breath. "O'Connell you almost got me killed" his mood changes dramatically. "At least you didn't get shot" Rick jokes, making Skylar chuckle. Evie however rushes to him and kisses his cheek and thanks him over and over again. "Who the hell have you been messing with this time?" Izzy asks, Rick lets out a shaky laugh and stands up helping Skylar up too. "Oh you know the usual.... mummies, pigmies, big.. big bugs."